 Castle / 7727
Re: The Perfect Parts Set: 6776 Ogel Control Center?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.space, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.build, lugnet.year.2001
Date:
Thu, 8 Feb 2001 00:40:12 GMT

Mr L F Braun wrote in message ...

Is that the one described at a recent Australian Lego event as the
"chip-n-dip" baseplate, on the grounds that it can double as a platter to
serve nibbles at parties? Put your olives in the swimming pool, etc.

  That's absolutely magnificent.  I wonder, has anyone tried this?
  I have about four of those baseplates, and I'm thinking it might
  be worth a try.  I suppose I can use my Royal Knights Castle baseplate
  to hold nacho chips.

Being the proud owner of the actual Chip-N-Dip baseplate that appeared at
aforementioned LegOz meeting, I can safely say that I elucidated its origin
accurately... the baseplate in question is NOT the same as the one in Ogel's
Control Center. It is, in fact, from the Belville set 5808, "The Enchanted
Palace". It's a fantastic baseplate, and has no less than four useful
depressions to store your nibblies at party time. Probably good to build on
too ;-)

Of course the general concept isn't really new, it dates back to at least
1994...

http://news.lugnet.com/general/?n=6325

:-)

I wonder which CRAPP Todd was using... Ice Planet? Spyrius?

  This is, of course, assuming that there's nothing poisonous about
  LEGO screen-print.

Children's toy! I should certainly hope not. I worry more about tomato-based
sauces staining the baseplate.... otherwise the Chip-N-Dip would be in
business next LegOz meet, I can tell you! I guess we'll have to stick to
guacamole and maybe hommus.... Mmmmm, garlic-scented baseplate....   ;-)

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/