 Castle / 12058
Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 00:55:32 GMT

My son has not had a major war in a while, and I was able to put almost all
of my minifig armies in order, neatly arrayed and armed.  Then my brother
came over and asked The Question.  "Gee, just how many of those do you have?"

It's kinda like someone asking can you to name the seven dwarfs* or the
thirteen dwarves**, you just gotta stop and list them.

Bulls: 50 • Maybe 5 or 6-- mostly melded into some other faction
Dragon Master: 40 • 40 plus about 10 or 12 dragons.
Crusaders: 20 • Ahh.. I love these guys! 100+ easy
Fright Knights: 100
Hmm... never had a real use for them. 40 or 50, but they're in a bag stuffed
in the back. Maybe I should try to find a place for them.
Forestmen: 60 • 26. I'd like more, but they're so darn expensive!
Peasants: 20 • The working class. 30 or so, more if need be, but I only keep 30 pre-made.
Wolfpack: 70 • 15 tops. I like these too. Same problem as forestmen
Black Falcons: 80 • 40. They make a nice contingent.
Royal Knights: 20 • 20. I use these as the royal guards of the King.
KK Leos: 70
I'll lump KK together: about 60-65. About 50 or so of the Archer Defense
dudes. They make nice cannon fodder.
Old Style Scale: 50-- mostly turned into Black Knights
Old Style Breastplate: 50 -- split between Black knights and Crusaders
Ninja: 60
100 easy. Black, green, grey, red, and white.

Samurai: 90 • both red and blue-- close to 80.

And one Classic.  The latter is dangerous because he looks lonely...and
Classic figs are the really expensive ones.  No Black Knights are listed
because who the heck can figure out which scale or breastplate torso belongs
with which line, so I just listed them by the torso-type.  I suppose I can
seperate Forestmen and Dark Forestmen (about half and half), but I lump them
together army-wise.  Plus various pyrates and Star Wars refugees that have
been drafted as peasants and townfolk.  And just to be anal-retentive:

Classic: I've got about 10 or 15 of these. They suffer the same fate at the
Fright Knight. No use for them. Sometime I take them out to see what I can
do with them. So far no luck.
ARMOR
Europlate: 50
Chrome Breastplate: 40
Black Alien Shoulderpads: 10
Gray Samurai: 40
Black Samurai: 20
Horse Barding: 64

Aw, geez, I'm not counting all these. I've got enough for everything I need
so far.
I also use Indians and Islanders in my worlds. I've got about 100 or indians
and about 150 Islanders.
And so many townfolk It makes me sad to think they could be castle if they
weren't pre-printed. Tsk, tsk. That's what I have with me. Back home... I
don't know. Been a while since I've been there.

Plus, of course, the Stuff Out in the Garage that isn't counted.  And yes, I
tend to acquire things in even amounts (oh, alright, there are really 82
Blacks Falcons and 68 Wolfpack and I just rounded them off).

*Doc, Dopey, Sneezy, Sleepy, Happy, Grumpy, Bashful

**Bifur, Bofur, Bombur, Oin, Gloin, Nori, Ori, Dori, Kili, Fili, Dwalin,
Balin, and Thorin Oakenshield

Impressive! I couldn't do it...

And no, I didn't cheat!  :-)

Bruce