 Castle / 12232
Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 11:54:54 GMT

I wish lego had done more with the Forestmen and especially the Wolf Pack
factions. Think of all the possibilities of sets of various sizes, we coudl
have had a; "Outlaw Raiding/Scouting Party" "Bandit Ambush", "Treetop
Cottage", "Raider's Boat". BURPs could be used to great effect to make a
large underground cave type base.

In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I don't understand the "juniorized" comment at all, though.  Seems like a
definitive abuse of the term.  :-)

I don't think the WP guys look very convincing as bandits, mainly because of
their surcoats. A band of robbers wouldn't have a heraldic coat of arms.
Same goes for the Forestman's elk shield, which incidently is one of the
coolest shields lego has come up with. I have converted my WP and FM guys
into seperate miltary factions with helmets, but there will always be lots
of peasant-looking bandits, some with scraps of armour lurking in the
forests and mountains. They won't have any unifying coat of arms, but I
suppose they might scavenge whatever shields they can take from beaten
enemies of various factions.

Magnus