 Castle / 12081
Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 20:59:14 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Josiah Nicely writes:

Fright Knights: 100
Hmm... never had a real use for them. 40 or 50, but they're in a bag stuffed
in the back. Maybe I should try to find a place for them.

The good thing about Fright Knights are that they can easily be drafted into
other armies since their torsos are non-faction specific.   I only have so
many because the minifig pack was on sale when I was first starting to build
up my armies.

Forestmen: 60
26. I'd like more, but they're so darn expensive!

They *can* go for a lot, but quite often I can get them at a reasonable
price.  The truth of the matter is even though people like them and they are
in demand, there are still a lot floating about.

Peasants: 20
The working class. 30 or so, more if need be, but I only keep 30 pre-made.

I was refering to the specific gray-forestman torso generally identified as
a "peasant", rather than draftees from other lines.

Wolfpack: 70
15 tops. I like these too. Same problem as forestmen

Now this one is odd.  People like 'em, and they weren't out that long so
they are in short supply.  But I haven't had that hard of time getting them
for a reasonable price - indeed, I have so many because deals were
plentiful.  I suspect that while they have a devoted following, many people
just don't bother with them.

Old Style Scale: 50-- mostly turned into Black Knights
Old Style Breastplate: 50 -- split between Black knights and Crusaders

My blue torso sacled figs end up with the Black Falcons, and the red torso
scaled figs go with the Crusaders.  My least favorite torso is the old solid
breastplate fig, so that always gets armor over it and I determine it's
faction more by the Horse Barding.

I also use Indians and Islanders in my worlds. I've got about 100 or indians
and about 150 Islanders.

Gosh, and here I thought Frank Filz was the champion Islander collector.

Skellies, mummies, and other various undead (Darth Maul works as an Orc, or
as a wraith with the black side turned around) should be mentioned.

Bruce