 Castle / 12201
Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 19:24:28 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Aaron Dalan writes:

I agree, roughly, with this list.  I would probably put crusaders and
classic a little higher, and knock Knight's Kingdom down near the bottom of
the list.  I don't like the too-distinctive minifig face prints, although
the KK guys look a bit better when you replace their heads with the classic
smilies.

These things are always a matter of personal taste, of course.  I don't care
for yellow/blue/red primary color combinations, and the Crusaders border on
that with the yellow lion rampant shield.  Once I mix in the scale-mail
guys, I like them better.  I mix the head up with other figures to get
variety, so I don't have a problem with the KK heads - the Bulls with their
funky eyes is another story.  I must admit I wish I could get more Classic
figs, but I'm rarely willing to spend even $3 on a fig, and that only grudingly.

And wolfpack? Judging by demand on ebay, you may in the minority
putting them up so high.  I never quite figured out how they fit in.  I see
them as bad, juniorized replacement of the peasants.

I don't expect everyone to like Wolfpack - it is not going to be universally
appealing.  But there are going to be a sizable number that truly love them.
The thing about price is that I don't think people are looking for *a lot*
of them the way the do for other factions.

I don't understand the "juniorized" comment at all, though.  Seems like a
definitive abuse of the term.  :-)

13. Old Style Breastplate: butt-ugly.  I had to single this figure out.

What's wrong with the old style breast plate???  Half my cavalry have it.
It's shiny, it's a breastplate, looks fine to me!

I have forty - and every last one is covered by an additional bodyarmor
piece.  Idunno, it's just bland.  The scale mail has so much more
personality.  It's also the most likely figure to not remain shiny.

14. Dragon Masters: quintessentially butt-ugly.  Not that I'm thinking about
it, maybe I'll just sell these.

Can't disagree with you over the hideous Dragon Master knights.  Pretty much
everything about them is lacking.  However, I get sentimentally attached to
even the ugliest of my minfigs, so I don't think I would ever have the heart
to sell a single one.

But it might mean the difference between an Olympus 4.1 megapixel 4040 and a
Sony 707 5.4 megapixel digital camera.  And it'll make the wife happy!

Bruce