 Castle / 12258
Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 14:13:54 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Johannes Koehler writes:
What do you count as a substantial army? I've got about 20 of them that I
count as the "faction" + 12 still sealed in their boxes

I dunno, real medieval armies were usually counted by the thousand or even
hundred, as opposed to the ten/hundred thousand of ancient times. Of course
medieval armies were made up of lots of different factions, the soldiers of
various lords reinforced by mercenaries. If you consider the size of the
castles that most fo us are able to build, a permenant garrison of 20 or so
would seem more than inadequate except when actually under siege. Even if
you only have arond 10 men of a single faction, I think that could still be
a realistic force for a knight of humble means to field for his king.

Magnus