 Castle / 12191
Re: Help! I'm being overrun by minifigs!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle
Date:
Fri, 8 Feb 2002 05:35:24 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Brett A. Antaya writes:
In lugnet.castle, Bruce Schlickbernd writes:
I knew I could find someone more insane than me

I am both embarrased and delighted to share that I have been secretly
collecting an army of Knights Procession minifigs in hopes that no one has
more than me. The grand total is somewhere around 300 (give or take 10).
Collecting the shields to keep the proper 4:2 ratio has been a challenge but
I think I just about have it covered thanks to Bricks4You's Bricklink
store:) I am currently building a 3.5 ft x 3.5 ft x 4.5 ft barracks/Knight
Training Center to house them all and if I ever develop my photography
skills I'd be happy to share some photos too!

Is there anyone else out there with a substantial army of Knights
Procession figures?

Brett

I have got 18 of these figs; 12 of which I have had since I opened the
boxes about 1983 or so.  I thought 18 was a lot.  Guess I was wrong.

My grand total of all Castle figs must be over 1,000 but I have never
counted and I haven't lined them up on baseplates in years.

It seems to me that a lot of people who have posted on this thread take time
'play' with their minifigs.  I do not.  I build castle structures and use the
minifigs and all their weapons and accessories to make the structures look
realistic and lived-in [sic].  Really, just an after-thought for me.
I would rather build with bricks than play with minifigs; I am not into
role-playing and such like that either, so IOM does not appeal to me.
Don't jump on me for this, I am just more of a builder than anything else.

But thanks, Brett, for making me think that 18 Knights Procession figs is a
small amount.  Now I will have to be on the lookout for more--along with more
figs from 383/6083 Knights Tournament (only have 1 set of those).

__Kevin Salm__
....Lego brick enthusiast for over 20 years....