 CAD / MLCad / *1068 (-100)
  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) Yes, that's it. Or so close as not to make a difference. THANK YOU!!!! This may actually be a candidate for the MLCad helps unless I'm the only person who ever wanted to render at the same rotation MLCad uses. (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) Yeah, you're right, it looks more like a 45 degree turn followed by about a 23 degree tilt. Try this: -A0.707104,0,0.70710...1,0.650895 (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) If it's just differently rounded then that's not it. (the one Don gave wasn't it either I don't think, the initial rotation should be 45 degrees rather than 60, I think... ) If I could get MLCad to tell me what matrix it was using for a (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

(...) We had a discussion about the "natural" and "oblique" matrices about a year ago where it turned out the "natural" matrix did some rather UN-natural shearing. (URL) mlcad is using this matrix: 0.5,0,0.866025,0.433...5,0.433013 Which is a 60 (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

If you look into LDraw.ini, you'll find the post: Natural=0.625,0,1.07...1.25,0,2.5 quite similar to the one you asked about (I call it Larry here): Larry=0.63,0.00,1.08...,0.00,2.50 They're just differently rounded. /Tore (Tip of today: You may add (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  View matrix used for default 3D view expressed in LDLite terms

Does anyone know the values for the default 3D view that MLCad uses expressed similar to -A0.63,0.00,1.08,0.5...,0.00,2.50 (this is the parm string to LDLite that gives you "Natural" if you selected it from the LDLite view selection pulldown) It's (...) (23 years ago, 22-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MPD files showing mixed up

Hi Jeroen, MLCad does currently not support including mpd's into other files! The result when doing it are uncontrolled. Alternativly you can extract all the files from the mpd and import them into another project. Regards, Michael (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MPD files showing mixed up

Hi, I searched the newsgroup but didn't find this, so I hope I on't ask something for the 1000th time: I created a MPD-model (sik.mpd). Everything OK with that, converting to POV goes well so no problems there. But when I place the file ("add part" (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCad and the LDraw package

Ryan, In your case there is no need for the base package. In normal cases it's required in order to have all the parts of the base package and the updates. Therefor MLCad checks the following in order to validate a "base path". Unless you fullfill (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad and the LDraw package

Hi, Michael, I have a question. Why is it that MLCad requires the LDraw/LEdit package to be installed in order to run? I'm curious, because I have made a K'nex parts library available on my website and it would be nice if someone who wasn't into (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Missing wheels?

(...) Fredrik Glöckner made this part. You can find it here: (URL) 6578 tyre can be found on lugnet.cad.dat.parts or here (URL) Klein A Mindstorms fan. (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Missing wheels?

I'm looking for the like in 8218, the small technic wheels, but they don't seem to exist in MLCAD. Not in Lugnet part ref either for that matter... It's 2994 on this page: (URL) it simply not exist, or have I just been looking in the wrong places? (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLSAVE V1.00

(...) Correction: When you press "Preview" on the Windows screensaver control panel, moving the mouse doesn't stop the screensaver. But, when the screensaver comes up on its own later, moving the mouse does cancel it. Jason J Railton (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLSAVE V1.00

Michael - Great program. I love it, and I have it on my PC at work now. (...) I found this too. It's a little bit unexpected, particularly if someone else here needs my PC. (...) That would be great. (...) Good idea - each model would then take a (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Announcing my entrance to the Custom Kit Market (pre-production model ore car)...

(...) Less then 90 degrees, around 45... Thanks, josh (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

Thanks, That fixes my problem. -Mike (...) (23 years ago, 24-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question on veiwing DAT files in MLcad

Thank you very much Mike. Your response is appreciated. Chris (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question on veiwing DAT files in MLcad

(...) Thank you very much Ryan. Your response is appreciated. Chris (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question on veiwing DAT files in MLcad

Actually, there's an easier way. When you see a message with the keyword [DAT] in the header, simply right-click on that darker text [DAT], and if you're using Internet Explorer you should automatically be asked where on your harddisk you want to (...) (23 years ago, 23-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Question on veiwing DAT files in MLcad

(...) It's really easy: just copy all the text of the file, paste it into a text editor (notepad) and save it with a .dat extension. You can then open it in MLCad Cheers, --Ryan (23 years ago, 22-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Question on veiwing DAT files in MLcad

Can someone please answer this. Thank you. (...) (23 years ago, 22-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Removing confusing metacommands (Was: NEW: MLCAD V2.10)

LDAO's editor has a LDL2DAT function (on the tools menu). To translate, edit your dat file, highlight the lines you want to translate (in this case, the entire file), and pick LDL2DAT from the menu. Steve (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: NEW: MLCAD V2.10

I've found the bug already - it's realy a small thing. But since I didn't find many people using this commands I didn't have enough files available for testing. That's wy it wasn't tested so good. There will be a small update the next days. Regards, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Removing confusing metacommands (Was: NEW: MLCAD V2.10)

(...) Apparently this also works in ldglite as long as you use the ldlite parser. I just tried it and mlcad seemed happy with the resulting file. So you can remove the metacommands on non-windows systems if you wish. Of course LDAO and mlcad only (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Removing confusing metacommands (Was: NEW: MLCAD V2.10)

Thanks Larry, It worked without login. /Tore (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Removing confusing metacommands (Was: NEW: MLCAD V2.10)

(...) Try SourceForge, that's where I got my most recent copy. Paul has put the install package there, and is also using sf facilities to track feature requests and bug reports. Good stuff. This URL should get you to where you need to go. (URL) (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Removing confusing metacommands (Was: NEW: MLCAD V2.10)

Thanks, Paul, But where can I find LDLite 2.2? At (URL) ver 2.0B seems to be hosted. and at (URL) ver 1.6B. (I have LDAO installed in an old 486 with English Windows due to the Scnadinavian comma separator issue...) /Tore (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: what do I do? FATAL ERROR:MLCAD.DLL is invalid!

well after posting this, I got to looking and found that, there wasn't a .dll file from the .zip,or in the old files I had! I ran a search and found out that windows wasn't showing them (I hate the file hiding feature). I moved the newest one to the (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLSAVE V1.00

And yet another hello, Michael, I also want to thank you for this program. I haven't had a screen saver (other than Blank Screen) for a long time - until now. I had thought of a few suggestions that I was going to make, but it looks like someone (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Removing confusing metacommands (Was: NEW: MLCAD V2.10)

LDLite ver 2.2 and above has a working -R option to regenerate the file in standard LDRAW syntax. "ldlite -Rfoo.dat m_faust.dat" would do the conversion. There are other programs. I think LDAO has an inliner option to do this maybe? -gyug (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Removing confusing metacommands (Was: NEW: MLCAD V2.10)

Is there any tool to make the lines properly rotated and translated without the metacommands? /Tore (...) (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: what do I do? FATAL ERROR:MLCAD.DLL is invalid!

(...) I believe you didn't overwrite the dll or you have an old dll somewhere in your path. Please delete all old dlls and make sure there is a mlcad.dll in the directory where mlcad.exe is located. MLCad always tries to load the dll from the same (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  what do I do? FATAL ERROR:MLCAD.DLL is invalid!

Hi, I get this message when I try to start the program: FATAL ERROR:MLCAD.DLL is invalid! I tried reinstaling, and deleting the lachmann directory,in regedit. any other ideas? it ran fine last night after instaling the new version. Gary Flustrated. (...) (23 years ago, 19-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLSAVE V1.00

Hi Michael, Pretty cool. I set this up on my computer and it looks pretty good. One issue: It doesn't seem to stop running when the mouse is moved, you need to hit the keyboard to get the screensaver to turn off? Also, in the way of future (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLSAVE V1.00

Hey, that's cool! My brother, not a Lego User, gave me the great idea that you can build a model using steps and (probably) ghosting to make a Lego movie appear on the screen. I gotta try that... Nice job, Michael, --Ryan (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: NEW: MLCAD V2.10

(...) Thanks Gyug.. I never would have got that from the description. :-) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: NEW: MLCAD V2.10  [DAT]

I haven't used MLCad for a while, but since I downloaded it and it took over the Open action for .DAT extension files, so when I doubleclicked on my file m__faust.dat (below), it was opened in MLCad. I noticed that the hands were not correctly (...) (23 years ago, 18-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: NEW: MLSAVE V1.00

Looks very nice! Finally something worthy of replacing the Tomb Raider Movie screen saver on my machine. (Note to self: find polygon mesh of Laura Croft and convert to minifig-scale .DAT format and place in adverturer's model, to get best of both (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: NEW: MLCAD V2.10

Completely different. The rotate feature generates a model out of bricks by rotating an outline. For example, give it a semicircle, and it will generate plans for a sphere made out of bricks. I'm downloading the screen saver now, and I expect that (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: NEW: MLCAD V2.10

(...) Can you talk a little more about this? How does it compare to what LDLite does when you put it in rotate mode? Thanks! Looking forward to the new release! (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  NEW: MLSAVE V1.00

Hy friends, it's time for something new - therefor I'd like to introduce MLSave :-) MLSave ist a screen saver for windows which supports LDraw compatible files. Load a file into MLSave and let it assemble the model, rotate the model or even let it (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad) !

  NEW: MLCAD V2.10

***** NEW MLCAD V2.10 ***** Create your own virtual Lego models using the new rotation model generator of MLCad. Once you've created a model save it using using one of the new formats supported by MLCad V2.10 - GIF or JPEG (and sure - bitmap is (...) (23 years ago, 17-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad) !

  Re: MLCad *has* no perspective display (was Re: MLCAD wrong perspective display?

(...) Good point. I forgot to mention this optical illusion, which is well known. Two things which are the same size but which are surrounded by visual cues that suggest that one ought to be smaller will actually not appear the same size after (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  RE: MLCad *has* no perspective display (was Re: MLCAD wrong perspective display?

(...) Since we are so used to seeing things in perspective in real life, the isometric views can seem strange at times. For a large model we expect it to get smaller as it goes back, so in an isometric view we "see" it get bigger when it goes back (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

Steve: (...) Not quite right. LDraw recognises colours 0-15, 32-47 and some mixed colours up around 255 (255-510?). (...) Yes, please. Play well, Jacob -- Linux turns ten Monday. Time to celebrate. (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCad *has* no perspective display (was Re: MLCAD wrong perspective display?

(...) These 3D views are not perspective views. They are isometric. In a perspective view, parallel lines not exactly in the plane of the viewer eventually intersect (at a vanishing point). This matches how we see things in reality, since distant (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD wrong perspective display?

No doubts, MLCAD is the best LCAD modeller. However, I use it since version 1.7 and I am still disturbed by display in perspective view. Basically, what is strange is that close things display thiner while distant things display larger. The reverse (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

Isn't the color code for green #2? I think #10 is the "solid" version of the color used for "transparent-neon-green", which would explain why the tree appears bright yellowish. (...) <snip> (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

Hi, I had problems with rendering color green in L3p. Weird. I made a geen tree, which shows up alright in LDraw, Ldlite, Mlcad, L3lab, and LDView. But, when converting via l3p it renders grey in POVray, instead of green. The default color in the (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts list bug?

(...) Thanks. I look forward to the new version! I hacked around it for what I needed but I sure can use this working right in future, my models continue to get larger, the one I am working on is really close to 1000 pieces total, so fixing it by (...) (23 years ago, 14-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LGEO and MLCAD colors

(...) Hi Lutz! :) (...) Great! (...) You could include both... (...) You can refer to the LDraw FAQ for various color numbers. The >16 numbers aren't recognized by LDraw, but are recognized by LDLite, L3P (I think), MLCAD, and L3Lab. For RGB values, (...) (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Parts list bug?

(...) Larry, you are right - that is a bug. I've already corrected it and going to release a new version of MLCad soon. Thanks for the bug report. Regards, Michael (23 years ago, 13-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Parts list bug?

I am running MLCad 2.00 R 4 and I think I may have found a bug in the report for parts I have a large model with several submodels. If I check parts per step and leave submodels unchecked it seems to generate a correct list for the main model. But (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

Well, found out that if I start MLCad indirectly by double-clicking on a .DAT or .MPD file, the default grouping is shown. But if I open MLCad first before loadint a model, then the groupings I set up are shown. And I am using an older (v1.99) (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

(...) I've looked up the code and recognized a small bug there. There is no message when it cannot save the group. I guess you do not have write permission to the mlcad directory (e.g. if running from a cd-rom). Also if you have any older version (...) (23 years ago, 10-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

I tried that, but the new groups I create goes away when I quit an MLCad session. Am I missing where to SAVE my settings? (...) (23 years ago, 8-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: How to set up my own catagories?

Sure! Goto Settings -> Groups -> Group Configuration (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Strange rendering of #3046 in MLCad

I think Gary (blessing) is right and this is a problem with the new version. I used MLCad 1.99 and all works out fine! (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  New version 2.0, was "idea for next version, include ttore boxes"

Ah, it seems the new version of MLCad IS faster (I have just upgraded to v2.0). Thank you! Oh, thanks for including "All Files" support in "open" dialog. This negates my earlier request for *.box support. Sorry for the bogus bug report. I'll start (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  How to set up my own catagories?

I would like to add additional catagories, i.e: grouping of specialized parts - in addition to the <Brick <Baseplate <Electric <Technic <Train <Plate & <Other Parts groups. Is there a way to add new groups in MLcad? (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Strange rendering of #3046 in MLCad

I DON'T notice it in my MLcad, but I am still using v1.99 (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

I'v noticed it in all slopes, but I just started noticing since the last MLcad update. Gary Jaco van der Molen <jmolen@globalxs.nl> wrote in message news:3B8F8BA7.E40044...alxs.nl... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Strange rendering of #3046 in MLCad

I think you may have some bad DAT files - the two specific pieces (3046, 3066) renders ok in my MLCad: (URL) C. (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Strange rendering of #3046 in MLCad

I have noticed this specific problem myself, but never gave it any attention, because like you say it is only visible from the side. It is (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Strange rendering of #3046 in MLCad

Now that you mention it, there is also a problem with part #3660 (Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 Inverted ), but only when viewed from the side. Here is a snapshot: (URL) Lynch ----- Original Message ----- From: "Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@globalxs.nl> To: (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Strange rendering of #3046 in MLCad

Can anyone explain why part #3046 (Slope Brick 45 2 x 2 Double Concave) renders like this: (URL) in MLCad? In all other programs it is good. Greetingz... Sjaacko (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: idea for next version, include ttore boxes

(...) Rendering time in POVray, I mean. I guess this would speed up building time, as well. Say, for example, if you replaced an entire wall with a box that spans 5 bricks long by 6 bricks high. But, really what I meant is speeding up rendering time (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Model generator from pictures

Saluton! (...) [...] (...) four! (...) Ah, thanks. 48x48, being the size of a ,,modern'' large baseplate, should also work ok in the meantime. Ad Astra! JuL (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: idea for next version, include ttore boxes

(...) I'm not realy aware of this thing, but it sounds like replacing normal parts by boxes in order to reduce drawing time?! Maybe I should tell you some tricks for MLCad now, since I've introduced a new rendering code in MLCad V2.00 which speeds (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Model generator from pictures

(...) Hi, it's supposed to be working, but silly me, I've introduced a code line for testing another thing which is causing this failure. For now you can only load 24bit bmp's with a width and height multiple of four! I've already corrected this (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

yes it was. Gary Austin Greenwood <sonyplaystationgame...tmail.com> wrote in message news:GIEAs1.5Iq@lugnet.com... (...) now, (...) (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Model generator from pictures

Hey, your right, Jürgen. i never used the picture model thing til just now, but no, it does not work. was this bug in last version as well? (23 years ago, 21-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  40 & 48 foot trailers

here are my MLCAD 3-d views of my 40 ft & 48 ft semi trailers: 40ft: (URL) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.town, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Model generator from pictures

Saluton! Is this model-from-picture-generator supposed to be working? I have a ~50x50 BMP of which the Win 98 Paint thingie tells me that it's in 24 bit, as the MLCad docs say would be needed. But when I try to load this picture into MLCad 2.00R4, (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  more MLCAD work: *-wide drop belly tank car

I've built the tank car, now i've built it in CAD: (URL) also on its webpage: (URL) left out the ladders though, i may remodel they way they are attached first. Josh (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: BNSF Covered Hopper update

(...) ok, now i've added it to Brickshelf: (URL) (23 years ago, 19-Aug-01, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: About installing/Reinstalling Ldraw and about datville

"blessing" <blessing@icefog.net> wrote in message news:GI8qFB.Grv@lugnet.com... (...) Never heard that one before - but my guess is make sure you don't have duplicate copies of the parts files. Also, run mklst.exe again. Check your parts.lst file... (...) (23 years ago, 18-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: idea for next version, include ttore boxes

First: ttore.dat is a model of my parents' house, included in Datsville. ttore.box is the boundary box file for that very model. Just wanted to clarify. I have made some files like 3001.box, 3002.box etc. (Still missing some, like Plate 1 x 6.) With (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  idea for next version, include ttore boxes

Michael, if in next version of MLCad you could include support for ttore.box's, one would be able to make render-smart models without having to waste time by going back and "optimizing" the same model model you just built. A new menu item like "New (...) (23 years ago, 17-Aug-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Instructions for Target Yoda sculpture

After seing the instructions I started to thinks if I could do or not I didn't want to try if I could so I couldn't make entire yoda specially in does colors so I made the head only in white, yes in white. I really like it when look at it. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Aug-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Instructions for Target Yoda sculpture

Copy of August 1, 2001 notice from rebelscum.com: Build Your Own LEGO Yoda Dustin: Corey Sanders reports that he has finally completed and posted for everyone to see his MLCAD instructions for building your own LEGO Yoda. This is identical to the (...) (23 years ago, 2-Aug-01, to lugnet.starwars, lugnet.build.sculpture, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

Another methode would be to add a rotation step at the beginning of the model, rotate it into the angles you like, and now generate the pictures ... With that you do not need second and third party tools, nore do you have to change any settings. (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: problems with MLcad help file

Yep, you are right - I didn't see that in time and forgot about it. I make this page available with the next update. Michael "Austin Greenwood" <sonyplaystationgame...tmail.com> wrote in message news:GH7EqJ.Cwr@lugnet.com... (...) when (...) (23 years ago, 31-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw setp help

Tim, has any progress been made with the parts library license? It clearly would help if MLCad could be a stand-alone install without the confusion of downloading multiple programs. -gyug (...) (23 years ago, 29-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  problems with MLcad help file

when the i open the help window in mlcad it will load the contents, but when i click on the index button, it gives me a "the page can not be displayed" error. i have version 2.00 release 4, not 1.99 (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw setp help

(...) I can not use DOS or any programming systems because I do not know any computer languages except for a VERY small fraction of BASIC. There has also been a strange message when I downloaded MLCad on to my computer. The message said that it (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  LDraw setp help

(...) I did not say try MLCad before LDraw. I said try it *instead*. Here's the skinny: LDraw and the DAT file format are the original developments by James Jessiman. They were made in 1996 or thereabouts, before he died. His original editing tool, (...) (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: LDraw.org announces new MLCad subdomain and re-organization of resources

(...) What do you mean that I should try MLCad first before LDraw? I am not even sure how to download LDraw, let alone MLCad. I am confused and I need help in downloading this program. I do not program computers very well. Jesse Long (23 years ago, 26-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

(...) That's interesting... My Win95 MS Paint program won't make jpegs, at least not in color...(IIRC) But my Win98 will... (But MLCad's not installed on the 98 'puter. --Electro-- (23 years ago, 22-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

In a word - awesome! Took me a couple tries to get it going, but oh man that is SOOO much easier than the clunky way I was doing it... Thanks for pointing me in a better direction! Mark (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

Brice Williams (...) it's (...) What I do is go into Settings>General>Change, click the Document tab and change the angles the model will be displayed at, click OK. If you are in the view mode, click the button that puts you in edit mode, and then (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

"Mark Chittenden" <mdublade@aol.com> wrote in message news:GGrw44.HEI@lugnet.com... (...) POVRAY (...) I'm a point-and-click person myself - download L3PAO and L3P, install POV-RAY, and voila! great POV renderings at the click of a few buttons. Get (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

The 'manual' method I follow to create pictures of my MLCad models are: 1. After saving the completed model, quit MLCad. 2. Restart MLCad. The completed model now shows up in the Models list. 3. Select the model as if using it like a part. 4. Rotate (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Help with saving pictures

You can always hit the print screen key on your keyboard, then open a graffics program(like MS Paint), paste in the screenshot, crop out the extra stuff, and then save the file as a .jpg. There may be a way to do this with MLCAD, but I forget. But (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Help with saving pictures

I just created a model of mine in mlcad. And i want to take pics of it in the program, such as save pictures as in the file menu. The only view it's letting me save as is the 3D view. Is there any way i can save pics as a different view? Thanks a (...) (23 years ago, 20-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  *** MLCad V2.00R4 ready for download ***

Hy, I've just released MLCad V2.00R4 with the following bug-fixes: - Error MLCad.DLL not found (which was a problem with the dll itself) - Problem when starting MLCad from the command line - Problem with focus of selection in model part list on my (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

Hi Ronan, I had meant to reply to Jake's message with a few tips for you to help you along with beginning to use MLCAD, but I forgot until now. With regard to positioning, one thing that helps me tremendously is using the "spacing grid" buttons (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

Thanks guys I'll persevere. RW Jake McKee <sink@countersinkdg.com> wrote in message news:GG1x38.4Jo@lugnet.com... (...) get (...) somewhat (...) MLCad (...) steep (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad

(...) Ronan, I recently started using MLCad myself. I too found it a little tough to get started. I actually make sure that I sit down with a completely or somewhat built model. This helps me to visual what I am making on the screen. I would also (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  How do you do it ?

How do you make a Program like MLCad? I want to make one. (23 years ago, 5-Jul-01, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact