 CAD / MLCad / 1060
Re: MLCad and the LDraw package
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 12:26:26 GMT

Ryan,

In your case there is no need for the base package. In normal cases it's
required in order to have all the parts of the base package and the updates.
Therefor MLCad checks the following in order to validate a "base path".
Unless you fullfill the pathcheck rules it won't work. The rules are:

The path - that is a certain directory must exist and contain the
directories "P" and "Parts". The directory "P" must contain at least one
file: "stud.dat". If it exists everything is fine - what's actually behind
the files doesn't matter - so having K'nex parts is ok.

If you have more questions or problems - just let me know.

Michael

"Ryan Farrington" <ryanjf@ifriendly.com> wrote in message
Hi, Michael,

I have a question. Why is it that MLCad requires the LDraw/LEdit package • to
be installed in order to run? I'm curious, because I have made a K'nex • parts
library available on my website and it would be nice if someone who wasn't
into Lego would be able to use MLCad without having to download LDraw.

Cheers,
--Ryan

K'nex:
http://home.ifriendly.com/~fourfarrs/knex.htm