 CAD / 6478
Re: MLSAVE V1.00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 22:35:34 GMT

And yet another hello, Michael,
I also want to thank you for this program.  I haven't had a screen saver
(other than Blank Screen) for a long time - until now.  I had thought of a
few suggestions that I was going to make, but it looks like someone else
beat me to them.  I'll just post my "me-toos" in the appropriate spots...

In lugnet.cad, Andy Lynch writes:
Hi Michael,
Pretty cool.  I set this up on my computer and it looks pretty good.
One issue:  It doesn't seem to stop running when the mouse is moved, you
need to hit the keyboard to get the screensaver to turn off?

I noticed this as well, but I don't think it's a big deal.

Also, in the way of future modifications, I'd love to see these:
1. Maybe have the possibility of just selecting a directory and having
it randomly select a DAT or MPD in there to display.  Possibly going on
to pick another random file when it completes the one it is working on.

I like the idea of having some type of a list of models that the program can
randomly choose from.

2. I'd love the option to have it display the model brick by brick,
instead of just by step.  I don't normally use steps in the models that
I build for myself, so I thought that it wasn't working when I installed
it at first.

This also isn't a big deal for me.

3. Maybe have an additional selection under "Action", which could be
called "Build, then Rotate", which would build the model as you already
are, then when it is completed, rotate it 360 degrees before it begins
to build it again.

I do like this idea.  I did notice that if I choose just "Rotate," it shows
the first step initially, then shows the entire model as it starts to
rotate.  I'm not sure if this is a bug or not.

Again, love what you have done so far. :-)

-Andy Lynch
<sniped original message>

Thank you for this, and also for all of the hard work on MLcad.
Joel