 CAD / MLCad / 1000
Re: idea for next version, include ttore boxes
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 06:27:10 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Michael Horvath writes:
Michael, if in next version of MLCad you could include support for
ttore.box's, one would be able to make render-smart models without having to
waste time by going back and "optimizing" the same model model you just built.

A new menu item like "New ttore Brick", which asks you size, and then
automatically selects correct ttore.box.
Or, right click on a part in a model and tooltip option exists, like
"replace with ttore brick".  Obviously, not all bricks would be replaceable.
But for those that are (like 2x4, 1x4, etc.), maybe you could make tooltip
pop up.

This way you could optimize for render process while you're building a model.

Just a suggestion.

I'm not realy aware of this thing, but it sounds like replacing normal parts
by boxes in order to reduce drawing time?!

Maybe I should tell you some tricks for MLCad now, since I've introduced a
new rendering code in MLCad V2.00 which speeds up drawing a lot. All
settings I'm talking about now can be found in menu
"Settings/General/Change..." in the section "Rendering".

If this is not wan't you want leave me note, but please give this options a try.

1) "Edit-mode options" - "Stud mode":
Here you can select how stud's shell be drawn:
  NONE - Turns off drawing,
  LINES - Replaces studs with lines (as in ledit)
  COARSE - Uses less detailed studs
  NORMAL - Normal studs

For highest performance use LINES or NONE.

1) "General options" - "Optimisations":
This option nearly eleminates the privious one since this effects the new
rendering engine.
  OFF - Turns off optimisations (same as V1.99)
  MINIMUM, MEDIUM, MAXIMUM increases stepwice the level of internal
optimisation routines. MEDIUM, MAXIMUM has a slight impact on the image
quality, however in normal cases you will not notice any thing.
Using MAXIMUM allows using NORMAL studs, whithout any noticeable impact on
drawing speed.

Regards,
   Michael