 CAD / Development / 3340
Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 01:30:38 GMT

First of all, no one is trying to "pass" any clones as being the real
thing.

Todd Lehman wrote:

You take out a LEGO brick and put in a crummy clone brick and it's
like taking out real burger and putting in tofu, or like taking out ice
cream and putting in ice milk:  it actually affects the meal itself, and you
don't have the real thing anymore.

Second, Tyco is NOT "crummy", it's just different. I don't use it but I
think you're letting your emotions get in when you toss around "crummy".
Tyco made blocks that it would really really have been nice to see TLG
make.

Signed,
A LEGO Purist