Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:19:36 GMT

If you or somebody else would like to maintain a "non-LEGO"
section at ldraw.org, I think it would be fine. I am sure
you can count on help with the practical stuff from Tim as
well as from me (even though Tim dislikes clones :-).

Sure, I'd help.  But *practically* <grin> how would it fit in?  Would there
be a 'Non-Lego' main section of the site as in
http://www.ldraw.org/non-lego/?  Because it can't go under
/download/updates/ - that's saved for official L-CAD [1] parts updates.  I
don't think it would be popular enough to be worth the implimentation.  How
bout a poll?

  Hmm.. Maybe I could reduce the controversy and hassle if I just put together
a site of my own (Geocites and Xoom are free, right?) and put any pertinent
clone info there instead of taking up space on one of the more official
sites.  If I were to try that, would LDraw.org be willing to include a link?
I'd be happy to use whatever disclaimers are appropriate.

     Dave!