Re: Off topic question Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 18:33:19 GMT

I'm not sure I understand your question perfectly, but I can use clones for
two purposes:
1. A cool colour or shape that TLG does not supply.
2. Hacking! Building in micro-switches, making cable tunnels and such
things.
But I am a Lego purist in that sense I never ever hack or modify a Lego
brick unless it's already broken.

/Tore

Nephilim wrote:

I'm almost always against mixing LEGO parts and non-LEGO toys parts,
wherever that is, be it ldraw.org or anywhere.  It makes my skin crawl,
that's all.  But that's just my version of being a LEGO purist, and I
understand that it may be an extreme one.

Do people model parts that don't exist in the LEGO universe?
i.e. Plates with studs on both top and bottom, or bricks otherwise
shaped in ways that have no real-world analogs?

Just curious - I've glued plates together to get exactly
that element before, and was curious how the LDRAW community
feels about sticking to elements available to real-life modelers.

--

jthompson@esker.com   "Float on a river, forever and ever, Emily"