Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 14:52:17 GMT

I am pretty purist myself and can't see using clones or modeling with
them (except in trains if some clone comes along and delivers what most
trainheads want at acceptable quality levels), but I repeat my thesis:

Why be exclusionary? What's wrong with providing a heavily disclaimed
link, or going the next step and allowing different categories.

I am not sure I read a "LEGO Uber Alles" stance into the material that
comes with the original LDraw releases.

I don't want to start any wars, but I just think that there is some
exclusionism going on here. You and Todd are going to exclude people for
not very good reasons, I fear.

I don't agree with this line of reasoning. Leave it at that, I guess.