Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 13:22:13 GMT

[ FUT lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw and lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands ]

Tim (citing Jacob):

I you or somebody else would like to maintain a "non-LEGO"
section at ldraw.org, I think it would be fine. I am sure
you can count on help with the practical stuff from Tim as
well as from me (even though Tim dislikes clones :-).

Sure, I'd help.  But *practically* <grin> how would it fit in?  Would there
be a 'Non-Lego' main section of the site as in
http://www.ldraw.org/non-lego/?

Yes. Wouldn't it make sense to do it that way?

Because it can't go under /download/updates/ - that's saved
for official L-CAD [1] parts updates.

Correct.

I don't think it would be popular enough to be worth the
implimentation.

If somebody wants to do the work, it is worth the work.

Play well,

Jacob

      --  E-mail:        sparre@cats.nbi.dk         --
      --  Web...:  <URL:http://www.ldraw.org/FAQ/>  --