Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 14:55:30 GMT

At 02:57 AM 11/27/1999 , Anders Isaksson wrote:
Please remember that LDRAW is also a way for people to document their models.
Now if I happen to have some 'Byggis' (or whatever) bricks, and they are used
in a model of mine, I would like to be able to use them in my documentation of
the model too. That should be _my_ decision. If there is a common place to
find/share such pieces, so much the better!

Which leads to another question.  If you make a model with Lego bricks
mixed with Byggis [1], how will the model be identified as such, and how
will the individual clone pieces be identified as such?  Obviously someone
with a Lego-only collection would not be able to duplicate the model and
might not be able to figure it out.

[1] God help us never see the day ;)

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If you don't believe in Gosh, you'll go to Heck, where you'll face eternal
darnation.