Re: Off topic question Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 17:56:16 GMT

At 11:12 AM 11/27/1999 , Nephilim wrote:

I'm almost always against mixing LEGO parts and non-LEGO toys parts,
wherever that is, be it ldraw.org or anywhere.  It makes my skin crawl,
that's all.  But that's just my version of being a LEGO purist, and I
understand that it may be an extreme one.

Do people model parts that don't exist in the LEGO universe?
i.e. Plates with studs on both top and bottom, or bricks otherwise
shaped in ways that have no real-world analogs?

Just curious - I've glued plates together to get exactly
that element before, and was curious how the LDRAW community
feels about sticking to elements available to real-life modelers.

Why not invert a plate in LDraw and group them together, use it as a
submodel?  You don't need to model something like what you described.

But to answer the question, I don't know.  Some people modify pieces by
cutting them and such, would they use those in an LDraw model?

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If you don't believe in Gosh, you'll go to Heck, where you'll face eternal
darnation.