Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:18:15 GMT

At 07:22 AM 11/24/1999 , Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Tim (citing Jacob):

I you or somebody else would like to maintain a "non-LEGO"
section at ldraw.org, I think it would be fine. I am sure
you can count on help with the practical stuff from Tim as
well as from me (even though Tim dislikes clones :-).

Sure, I'd help.  But *practically* <grin> how would it fit in?  Would • there
be a 'Non-Lego' main section of the site as in
http://www.ldraw.org/non-lego/?

Yes. Wouldn't it make sense to do it that way?

Sure would.

I don't think it would be popular enough to be worth the
implimentation.

If somebody wants to do the work, it is worth the work.

You're probably more right than I am here.  Afterall, it promotes LDraw,
and the point of ldraw.org is a centralized resource.  Not allowing
non-Lego LDraw models on the site would be contradicting that charter and
encouraging the resources to spread out again.

I *still* am adamantly against clones :)

-Tim Courtney
  ldraw.org Project Coordinator

http://www.ldraw.org
http://www.zacktron.com