Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:57:57 GMT

Tim Courtney skrev i meddelandet
<4.2.0.58.19991127011544.00afd100@pop.osiriscomm.com>...
At 12:11 AM 11/27/1999 , Todd Lehman wrote:

I am strongly against having to move all the Lego-specific stuff on
ldraw.org to /lego/ because that shows that the clones have an influence on
the original intention of the site.  Simple links are all that is
appropriate.  No special arrangements should have to be made for the
Official parts updates and Lego-specific material on ldraw.org.

[And many has said many things in this thread...]

I think you are all a bit over-reacting!

Of course www.ldraw.org should _mainly_ cover the LEGO use of LDRAW, as that's
what was it's origin (I believe) and what most of us are interested in, but
what's the danger in having a (small) part of the site dedicated to 'Other
ways to use LDRAW' (Note the choice of words here).

There you can host or link other libraries, specialized editors etc., without
implying that it could/should be used together with the LEGO parts.

Please remember that LDRAW is also a way for people to document their models.
Now if I happen to have some 'Byggis' (or whatever) bricks, and they are used
in a model of mine, I would like to be able to use them in my documentation of
the model too. That should be _my_ decision. If there is a common place to
find/share such pieces, so much the better!

Play well,
--
Anders Isaksson, Sweden
Gallery:   http://user.tninet.se/~hbh828t/gallery.htm