Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw
Date:
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 03:38:15 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Tim Courtney wrote:

At 07:22 AM 11/24/1999 , Jacob Sparre Andersen wrote:
Tim (citing Jacob):
I don't think it would be popular enough to be worth the
implimentation.

If somebody wants to do the work, it is worth the work.

You're probably more right than I am here.  Afterall, it promotes LDraw,
and the point of ldraw.org is a centralized resource.  Not allowing
non-Lego LDraw models on the site would be contradicting that charter and
encouraging the resources to spread out again.

That's what I was thinking.

It would actually be kinda cool to have various files for different brands.  A
"Tyco Parts Pack" and a "Coco Brick Parts Pack", and etc.

--
Steve
I've always wondered how well K'nex would work in LDraw.