 CAD / Development / 3279
Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:44:22 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dave Schuler writes:
Hi, all!  At the risk of subjecting myself to good-natured public outcry and
ridicule, I was wondering if there's any interest in DAT files for such
"clones" as MegaBloks, Block-Men, and TYCO.  I already posted a link to a
zip-file on offtopic.clones, but I was hoping for wider exposure.

I think there would be some interest in have virtual clone parts available in
LDraw format.

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Todd Lehman wrote:

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm for clone parts, but please don't
post any clone parts here even if you *do* get a generally positive consensus.

Where can he post them?  Would lugnet.cad.dat be acceptable?  Maybe
lugnet.cad.dat.ideas?  Or would it be better if Dave (and anyone else with clone
parts) puts the clone parts on a webpage, and just posts a link?

What about DAT content which is not based on building bricks, where can it go?
I used LDraw to design a two-bed loft for my kids, and I was thinking about
posting it.  It is totally not related to LEGO, but it might give people ideas
about how they might do more with LDraw.

Steve