Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 14:52:20 GMT

At 01:22 AM 11/27/1999 , Todd Lehman wrote:
Legal calamities aside, wouldn't it be cool if each clone or construction
system could have its own subdomain of ldraw.org?

   http://lego.ldraw.org/
   http://tyco.ldraw.org/
   http://tente.ldraw.org/
   http://knex.ldraw.org/
   http://lincolnlogs.ldraw.org/
   http://tinkertoys.ldraw.org/

That would solve all the issues perfectly.

Theoretically it would.  I'm still holding on to the notion that
http://www.ldraw.org should remain Lego-pure and the Lego aspect of it
should not be shoved aside.  Also, I wouldn't want to do all the work for
each of the other sites, there would be a tremendous amount of it.  What
about solving it with:

http://clonebrands.ldraw.org

and having someone else coordinate that, while keeping the original look
and feel of the www.ldraw.org site?

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If you don't believe in Gosh, you'll go to Heck, where you'll face eternal
darnation.