Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Sat, 27 Nov 1999 07:13:28 GMT

At 11:39 PM 11/26/1999 , Larry Pieniazek wrote:
Tim Courtney wrote:

As I said in another recent post, a link to the off-site clone part pages
will be acceptable.

Oh, I know you do, now. But I don't think Todd does (or maybe I'm not
reading him right) and I think he's got a fair chance of changing your
mind.

Yeah, a lot of things can change my mind on this :)  I think we've
discussed it enough for me to see the middle point and plant my feet down.

Larry, you're right to an extent.  I can't let my personal disgust towards
non-Lego parts get in the way of the community experiencing LDraw.  But at
the same time, ldraw.org should not be overrun with off-brand bricks, since
the original intent of the site/program was to model Lego brand bricks.  At
this point, a simple off-site link to the clone parts in the /links/
section is the only thing I feel appropriate.  At least at this point in
the development of ldraw.org, anything more could and would pollute its purity.

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org
AIM:   timcourtne
ICQ:   23951114

If you don't believe in Gosh, you'll go to Heck, where you'll face eternal
darnation.