 CAD / LDraw Files / Parts / 499
Re: Clone DATs--any interest?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:55:33 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dat.parts, Dave Schuler writes:
Hi, all!  At the risk of subjecting myself to good-natured public outcry and
ridicule, I was wondering if there's any interest in DAT files for such
"clones" as MegaBloks, Block-Men, and TYCO.  I already posted a link to a
zip-file on offtopic.clones, but I was hoping for wider exposure.

I'm not myself a Lego purist, but out of respect to those with a more
traditional Lego focus I won't post the link or the files here without a
generally positive consensus.  In the mean time, please let me know what
sort of interest there might be for these _completely unofficial_ DAT-files.

Not to put a damper on your enthusiasm for clone parts, but please don't
post any clone parts here even if you *do* get a generally positive consensus.

Note that the charter for lugnet.cad.dat.parts only allows for official
LEGO® elements:

   lugnet.cad.dat.parts:  Unofficial renderings of official LEGO®
   elements/parts in LDraw DAT format, plus any follow-up discussions
   directly relating to DAT content.

In other words, no clones in this group!!

--Todd

p.s.  This really isn't a pure discussion group either...  Setting followups
to lugnet.cad.dev on this.