 CAD / *26525 (-100)
  Re: Does anyone have the *.dat files for datsville petrollium

Ahh, that's much better! But it seems the Shell sign needs a liitle more work. Overlapping polygons, gaps... (URL) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Part 3650a

Steve, There are several variations of this gear: the height of the teeth and extra support. Technica lists the variations: (URL) and early Lugnet post that mentions the variation: (URL) 24t crown gear Name: 24t crown gear II Note: I consider both (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Part 3650a

Does anyone remember with certainty why part file 3650a.dat was released with the 'a' suffix? The part came out in update 98-10, and hasn't been touched since. There's no 3650.dat or 3650b.dat, as far as I can tell. Steve (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) I haven't tried your plugin, so I can't really comment on the informational lines -- do they have to do with the data/code, or are they an "about the flexible object plugin" type of thing? Information about the data/code (how to use, source (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: What can we do with ldraw?

(...) Oh I was? well yes I want to but don't know how to do it all myself I have done a mini pov-ray dos and a small win32 front end. Who is working on this as well? (...) I think I know what you mean. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Yet another idea - Portable LDraw system

[XFUT: lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw] (...) The current text of the license is: ===...=== LDraw.org Parts Library User License version 0.9, May 3 2001 This library is provided 'as-is', without any express or implied warranty. In no event will the authors (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: What can we do with ldraw?

(...) (URL)What you all think? I thought you were working on making a bootable CD with LDraw tools...? Be careful of biting off more than you can chew. :-, Cheers, - jsproat (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Does anyone have the *.dat files for datsville petrollium

(...) That was not the complete version of the station, but Tim sent it to Jonathan, so now we have it again. Since I wasn't sure if I had the original town.mpd (for reference), I'm glad you showed me that link, Don. :o) /Tore (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

(...) Please mind your language.... I'm not Santa! :-) Klaas (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

Thanks for this information, Klaus! (...) Ooo. There's two different parts, right there. (...) OK, so the exact placement is not important. That's good to know, in general. Steve (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: New LDDesignPad Plugin

(...) I'd rather have three decimals, especially on transform-matrix values (as opposed to XYZ vertex values, where 2 decimals is fine). Maybe this could be a user-defined setting? Steve (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) I try to think of the -a as a rotation matrix for the model, whereas the -cc stuff is a manipulation of the view matrix. Unfortunately the LDRAW default -a matrix "squishes" the model as if it were a view matrix. I guess this is because the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Does anyone have the *.dat files for datsville petrollium

(...) You can try this one. (URL) luck, Don (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  What can we do with ldraw?

I think we need a list of what can with Ldraw like: wallpapers "Desktop wallpapers" posters "Why not in A4 size and normal poster size" animations "may be we need a standard" Come on people help me to continue the list. Then we need a tutorial for (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDDesignPad Plugin

Really great ! I found two very minor problems: - with Technic ribbed hose, if distance between enpoints is greater than given length, the error message is "lenght of curve longer than the distance between endpoints" instead of the contrary. - with (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  set 580

Hello, When I'd want to build (in MLCad) set580 (brickyard) I'd miss some essential parts. But, perhaps I'm just overlooking these in the vast and growing parts library. I'm looking for: original turntable 4x4 tractor chassis excavator bucket small (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

No confusion needed, just sloppy work of the L.factory. I own about 25 of these plates, both the ones with full print on grey plate, and the ones with just Island print (yellow+green) on blue plate. Almost none of the plates are exactly identical, (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary)

  Re: New LDDesignPad Plugin

OK, I created a hose with part 750. With this plugin for LDDP I see no hose, although the secments 754 are there. Emacs created a nice hose for me. The files look the same... What could be wrong here? Greetingz... Sjaacko "Orion Pobursky" (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Viewing Datsville

(...) jimmy, datsville stopped growing about 2, maybe 3 years ago. Tore may be doing updates (??) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) I was thinking more along the lines of the output of my fexible object Plugin for LDDesignPad. I add some informational comments and credit myself and Fredrik for the code generation. Is this undesired? If so, it can easily be modified to the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: New LDDesignPad Plugin

(...) This an easy fix. Consider it done. The perfectionist in me had the precision at 4 digits originally and I grudingly went to 3 but I guess 2 is all that is needed. -Orion (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Viewing Datsville

How does someone go about seeing Datsville? I check the site every once in a while but there are no new pictures there. (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) Not in my DAT files, they shouldn't. Especially not editing stuff. Truly generated code, maybe it's alright. It should always go at the top, where it can be easily deleted. Steve (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) (URL)And always remember to use -J to get the most out of the camera settings. (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

  Re: Mindstorms Parts?

Thanks. The ones I'm looking for seem to be in Electric; it looks like my initial install was bad; I cleared it out, reinstalled, updated, etc. and all the Mindstorms stuff is there. Sorry for the bother =) -Brendan "Ross Crawford" (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: Mindstorms Parts?

(...) Hi Brendan, Most of the Mindstorms parts are listed under the Technic categories. Hope this helps. ROSCO (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Mindstorms Parts?

I've seen a bunch of models out there that use the Mindstorms parts (e.g. the RCX) but I can't seem to find them in the Ldraw site files. Where do I get the parts files for Mindstorms? I would love to do some modeling but need Mindstorms parts to do (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: 3867 Baseplate 16 x 16 with Island Pattern

Okay, great confusion here. . . When assembling the two larger (6265 and 6260) of my four Pirate sets, I was suprised to see that TLC had used the same pattern on two 16x16 baseplates, but placed it differently. One basplate has the pattern almost a (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.db.brictionary, lugnet.pirates)

  Cool Link

Found this today and thought I would share it. I am seriously tempted to try this just for fun. Check it out and enjoy. (URL) P. Miller (URL) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Minifig Arm and Minifig Hand

Hi Chris, Hi Orion, When reviewing the PT Minifig Hand I have assembled your two parts. My opinion is that the Hand holder is too thin for the Minifig Arm. Even if Minifig Arm is not in the PT you should contact to agree on the measurements so that (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDDesignPad Plugin

(...) Hi Orion, Your LDDesignPad plugin for flexible parts is absolutely great! Can precision be limited to 2 digits? Two digits would be more than enough for me. Thanks Orion and Carsten Schmitz, Damien (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) Yes! Awesome. Drawing time seems to be a little slower, I don't have any numbers for that though. But the refresh is ligntning fast. Hmm, the menu seems to be more responsive too. (...) You sure? Lemme go double-check the docs... Oh my. I seem (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  [Parts Tracker] Coming Soon: Email Notification!

The following notice was emailed to all Parts Tracker users today. If you did not receive this email, please contact me by email. If you've got questions, comments, etc, let's hear them! :) Steve ===...=== Hello! You are recieving this message (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) Whoa. That's kinda bizarro. (...) I'd say the rule would be, don't fix invalid lines without the authors permission. ;) (...) I see your point, but I would expect most programs to choke (gracefully ;) on the line without part numbers. (...) (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) I found some model which was (mostly) all 3001.dat, except only the first line gave the part number! All following lines were meant to be the same part (with different location.) I guess the author's viewer tolerates this? So, the rule would (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) What about program extensions that modify the DAT code in some way? Are you suggesting that the author of a plugin shouldn't credit himself in the form of a DAT Comment? -Orion (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) Oops! A quick visit to the L3P site reveals that's the camera position in polar coords relative to the look-at point. I'm not sure how I missed that before. But I like it because it avoids the weird LDRAW coordinate system. So I'm gonna have (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) Yes, we seem to see a lot of this sort of thing these days. 0 ROTATION CENTER 0 0 0 1 "Custom" I'd say leave it out unless it's actually being used. My guess is most of the time it's not. Don (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) does this include "don't add any new lines unless they're intentional"? As in, a program shouldn't add (and forgive me if this is incorrect dat format): 0 edited by dan with DatZap on Tuesday :) Dan (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

(...) I did some work on the other solution, rendering in the background. There's a beta of this here: (URL) -n2 to render each part in the backbuffer, -n4 does the whole model. Also the backbuffer is retained for faster refreshes on window expose (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

I don't have any comments, except to say that I agree with pretty much everything you wrote. And that I'd be very hard-pressed to actually implement some of it. And I didn't completely understand all of your points... (...) Yes! (...) Good idea, (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) I would go for this. If a line is indeed edited, then I would preserve it's indentation, but remove trailing decimal zeros, and possibly clean up other things, like changing "-0" to "0". If the file has any exponential notation, e.g, "2e1", (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) This sounds counter-productive to me. Judging from the official LDraw files, it appears that many of the original files follow these guidelines with respect to indentation: o Comments are not indented o All other lines are indented by one (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: DAT files: Do No Harm

(...) These 2 are the 2 biggest problems I have with MLCAD. For some reason MLCad changes the filename in the NAME comment block to an .ldr extension even if the source file is .dat. As more of a part author than a model builder, this is very (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev, lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) I run WinME (on AMD Tbird 1.4, 512MB DDR) and I've had a couple of DATs with many thousands of parts not LEGO models, I was using MLCad to redesign my living room on a 1 stud to 1 inch scale!), and never had a problem with it. I find WinME is (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: I Still have models for Datsville (Was: Datsville rev 012.)

(...) Great, Thank you! (...) I only remember about the Belvedere, John suggested to place it near the river, so that a visitor would have a nice senic view. You can place the other folly wherever it's appropriate. With friendly greetings, M. (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Does anyone have the *.dat files for datsville petrollium

The version with the stickers and stuff, I lost it in a HD crash. All I can find so far is (URL) links to a zip file that is no longer around. Anyone got the dat files? I seem to rember that Paul Ester helped me with the pov-ray renderings for the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Ldglite bug report (Was: Portable Ldraw system)

Got to play with it some more today, some jumbled notes follow... (...) Ok, I changed this and the effect is like night and day. Thanks! I think I'm using the L3P parser. No parser options given, exe is named ldglite.exe. WHOOPS I'm not, -l3 gives (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  HELP Nedded: Datsville Petrol Station needs new hoses  [DAT]

All hoses at the Datsville Petrol Station have mysteriously disappeard. Some believe the hoses have been captured by aliens, others blame hooligans from the cricket ground. Miss Minnie Figg claims that the hoses were never delivered, but hasn't the (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: I Still have models for Datsville (Was: Datsville rev 012.)

(...) I sort of remember those two files were discussed. They are even stored in some of my old backup cdr's. I can't recall why I didn't include them in my Datsville Apocryphy. Anyway, now they are now in the Pending folder for the next release. Do (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: My experience with user defined colors...  [DAT]

Steve Barile wrote... (...) (snip) (...) L3P turns all unknown colors into gray while notifying you: WARNING "ColorTest1.dat" Line 11: Unknown color, using 7: 1 64 0 -8 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3001.DAT The main reason why L3P does not support the COLOR (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  I Still have models for Datsville (Was: Datsville rev 012.)

(...) Way back in 1999 I submitted 2 models for Datsville. John VanZwieten replied and even e-mailed me to ask if I agreed with the location that he intended. Shortly after that the project came to a halt, unfortunately before my models actualy (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  DAT files: Do No Harm

What consideration should an editor program make for unfamiliar content or eccentric style when it loads and saves an LDRAW file with changes? I am implementing the following general ideas in BrickDraw3D, based on various situations in test files. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: My experience with user defined colors...

(...) If you want to use 0-255, you can do: pigment { rgb <127,6,6>/255.0 } --Bram (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  My experience with user defined colors...  [DAT]

My experience with user defined colors in .dat files, MLCad, L3PAO, and POV. It seems the .dat files use a pre-defined color lookup table (CLUT) for colors 0-28 & 32-47; where 0=black, 1=blue, 2=green and so forth (LDraw color table: (URL) I pulled (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) Hmm. Currently, the PT concentrates on the subfiles of files (ie, the "required files"). The files that were "held back" were all subfiles of non-certified files, a condition which the PT does not track. This might be a good reason to (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Track designer ....

(...) I think you might need to cross post this to the CAD groups if you want Leonardo to see it. If I remember correctly, he's the only one in posession of the sources at this point. Thanks for the reminder, Don (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) Bosh. Win98 is perfectly fine for this kind of thing; MLCad worked just fine for me for large models with a similar piece count and RAM size. It was a little slow, but it worked just fine. That being said, it looks like Michael has found the (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

Wow 2000 parts now there you problem try not to make big models make them smaller or divided that models in to 8 dat or ldr files of 250 parts each so that way windows 98 SE can work with out pain is a crapy os I don't recomember to anyone 9x or ME (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) Maybe enhance the "work the queue" to sort files that hold others a bit higher in the queue list than currently? Maybe use how many other parts they are holding back as a metric too? I dunno, maybe you do already. I'm behind in my reading. (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) Windows 98 Second Edition. Memory, ummm (the machine is at home), I think 64M with a spare gig . But it is a 3 year-old laptop so that means it's probably a bit light on everything (CPU, memory, disk), but it is sufficient for most of my (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD not working...

"Markham Carroll" <mc_booga@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:H15Iu8.86y@lugnet.com... <snippet> Um... I found out what was wrong. I used to have two hard drives in my computer, and when I took the old one out, the drive letters changed and my (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: MLCAD not working...

When you are on a NT system make sure you have access to that path and that you can write to the registry. On XP this requires admin rights - or to be the owner of the computer. Michael "Markham Carroll" <mc_booga@hotpop.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

Hi Kerry, there is a known problem with MLCad on none NT machines which will be fixed in the next release. There is nothing what you can do against this message yet, but MLCad itself is still fully operational. You can delete the log file from time (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) What OS are you using? How much memory? I've seen *huge* models (>10000 parts) work fine in MLcad, so I doubt thats the problem. ROSCO (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Handling Stickers Without a Known Number

(...) Hmmmm. Yes I think 100 would be too limiting. But can't see any immediately bad thing about the idea, so I vote yes! ROSCO (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  How to do "Glow In the Dark" effect ?

The magic wand would be much nicer if glowing in the dark: (URL) in advance, Damien (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.ray)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) Unfortunately I can not respect this rule because of my sparse lego collection. Otherwise the number of my reviews would dramatically decrease. But I encourage you on remaining examplar so each part is reviewed by a owner. Damien (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) I agree. PT is more author-driven than user-driven. That is fair: if you want to have some influence on LDraw library you have to contribute. The more you contribute the more influence you have. As I do not really much contribute as author (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Handling Stickers Without a Known Number

I'd like some feedback on the following. Do you like the idea? Dislike it? I've recieved a request, asking for a part number for a sticker whose original sheet number is not known. If you'll remember, we earlier discussed using the numbers from the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) I think this would not be a wise path to follow. It would not be fair to authors that put hours of work in parts outside your prefered category. They would like to see their contributions certified within a reasonable timeframe also. To (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Three New MOCs!

Hi all, I've been wanting to build a hovertank ever since the beginning of this year. For me, hovertanks are one of the most interesting land warfare vehicles to design. Setting about to make my tank look futuristic, and aggressive, I disposed of (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.build.mecha, lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.aquazone) !

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) You examine unofficial ldraw files for accuracy and correctness in various ways, and then post your comments and 'vote' on the Parts Tracker. For more detail, you should read Damien Guichard's excellent post about reviewing: (URL) Steve (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDRAW renderer for the Mac

(...) Speaking of other systems, I did a quick and dirty port of the sources to check out the speed for myself. It's pretty speedy, but not quite as pretty. :-) Slightly modified sources and a makefile are available here if anyone without a Mac (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev.mac, lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: MLCAD not working...

"Orion Pobursky" <bilthefish@IHATESPAMyahoo.com> wrote in message news:H15HKz.3o4@lugnet.com... (...) this. (...) LDraw (...) I can't start MLCAD, but the error message lets me change the path. It still doesn't work. -- Markham Carroll (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) What does it entail? Jude (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: MLCAD not working...

(...) Try this: In MLCad, go to Settings->General->Change... Check and make sure the Lego Base Path is the directory where you have LDraw installed. -Orion (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  MLCAD not working...

I am getting the error "Invalid path (no Parts and/or P dir found)!" The program has been working for months, and all of a sudden I'm getting this. The P and Parts directories are in the same folder, and the parts.lst is there too. What is going (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) Good point. I haven't approved any new reviewers lately, and no one has asked to become a reviewer lately. Steve (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) As a regular reviewer, I have to tell you that I'm starting to run out of parts that I own to review. May of these canopies and such are one set parts and not everyone has them. It has been a quasi-informal rule for reviewers not to review a (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  File needing review on Parts Tracker

I just wanted to point out that this file: (URL) holding up the certification of 9 other files. This isn't the most critical or important situation on the PT, but I've had to hold certified files back from the last two updates because of this one (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Moonbase Designer Baseplate

(...) No problem. Here they are: Baseplate with standard Moonbase markings: (URL) with additional "wide corridor" markings: (URL) the MPD files for each: (URL) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: New LDDesignPad Plugin

(...) Oops, sorry for the false alarm, I had an old 0.9 version of this machine. Works fine now, even with 1.19b ! Philo (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) I never worried. But I had some insider insight. ;) I realize 2001 was a very dry time (partswise) for many people. (...) I totally understand, and I somewhat agree with you. Mostly because it's the brand-new parts that a lot of people are (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

(...) I'd say hoping for an update every other month is probably about right. My original goal was to have an update every month, but I don't think that's feasible right now. Currently, each update takes me several hours to put together. There are (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk

(...) detail (...) I ran MLCAD again and opened my model and started to manipulate it. It became grindlingly slow while engaging in furious disk activity. This time I managed to kill the MLCAD process before it consumed my entire disk, but the (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  mlcad.log files filling my disk

I downloaded MLCAD on the weekend and have been trying to build my first model. All seemed to be going well, but gradually the program started running very slowly. At first I just assumed that as my model got larger, the program got slower (and my (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  I got a new site now at ozbriks.com

(URL) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

The constant stream of updates is great! I really don't miss the time when you couldn't be sure if there would be updates at all anymore ... However, what I would like to see is the part reviewers to concentrate on "important" new parts, meaning (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available

Steve, We've seen 4 parts updates in the last 8 months. Is this some indication of how often we can hope (notice I said "hope" rather than "expect") to see parts updates? I realize yours is a volunteer efort and would not attempt to tell you when to (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: Does 4 x 4 Panel (quarter circle) exist in .dat form yet?

(...) Unoficial parts tracker - I'll have to remember that. Thanks! -- Tom (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts, lugnet.space)

  Re: missing part numbers

hi Ludo, I've opened 8 out of 12 points so far, I'll check the nrs. for you. Will take a few days, I have to reopen them... But I have to disappoint you a bit: I allready found 2 different nrs. for the 'same' main track, and also the point tongue (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Parts Update Question

(...) Hi Brendan - If you downloaded the LDraw software a week ago, it does not include the update that was just posted. If you downloaded the complete.exe file per the instructions, you have all of the updates _except_ the latest one (posted (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Parts Update Question

Hi everyone! Since I'm very new to Lego CAD and everything, I had a quick question. I noticed that the top news story is the Lego CAD parts update. The question that I have is when I downloaded the CAD software about a week ago, does that include (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  Re: New LDDesignPad Plugin

(...) Are you using version 1.19b of LDDesignPad? That may be your problem. -Orion P.S. I knew it was Bezier but I was too lazy to correct the the file name. (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad)

  missing part numbers

Hi, I know that some among us automated points by opening there point(s) on the bottom side and cut the knukkles away for easy of movement of the 'tongue'. Now i figured out that a point is build up with 5 main pieces and some smaller ones (metal (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad, lugnet.trains)

  Re: mpd file questions

Great! I tried it and it works. Thanks Patty "Steve Bliss" <partsref@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H13K1H.p7@lugnet.com... (...) file (...) the (...) subassemblies (...) don't (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.mlcad)

  Re: Moonbase Designer Baseplate

(...) Can someone post images of these 'parts' please? Jude (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

  Re: Moonbase Designer Baseplate  [DAT]

I know the "wide corridor" concept is not endorsed by classic-space.com, but I like the idea, so I added some lines to show how the wider corridors fit in relation to the baseplate. So now I guess my file is "doubly unofficial" -- not a real ldraw (...) (22 years ago, 19-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.parts)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact