 CAD / MLCad / 1400
Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 05:29:36 GMT

What OS are you using? How much memory? I've seen *huge* models (>10000
parts) work fine in MLcad, so I doubt thats the problem.

Windows 98 Second Edition. Memory, ummm (the machine is at home), I think
64M with a spare gig . But it is a 3 year-old laptop so that means it's
probably a bit light on everything (CPU, memory, disk), but it is sufficient
for most of my normal home computing activities (Age of Empires!).

Given that MLCAD was fine to begin with and gradually worsened over time
(even placing a single brick was going very slowly by the end), that is why
I suspected that it was the size of my model (currently at 2000 parts and
not even half finished) that might be the problem.

I don't think the problem is memory leakage, as you would expect rebooting
the machine and restarting the application to solve that problem (at least
short-term). Whereas when I restarted MLCAD, it was fine until I reloaded my
model, whereupon it went immediately ga-ga again.

I can open the model on my computer at work with no problems, but it is a
more powerful beast. Which tends to support the theory that it is my laptop
that is the limitation. However, I can't take my work computer home to do my
MLCADing :-(

Although my laptop is not a high performance machine, it is still probably
comparable to many home PCs, so that is why I wondered if other people have
experienced a similar problem or know of some workaround.

Kerry