 CAD / MLCad / 1499
Re: mlcad.log files filling my disk
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.mlcad
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 01:06:35 GMT

In lugnet.cad.mlcad, Kerry Raymond writes:
I downloaded MLCAD on the weekend and have been trying to build my first model.
All seemed to be going well, but gradually the program started running very
slowly. At first I just assumed that as my model got larger, the program got
slower (and my laptop was built for weight not for speed).

Then a message flashed onto the screen saying Out Of Memory, then there was an
error message about C: being full, and then everything went dead and I could
not reboot. Having rebooted from a boot disk in my floppy drive (having first
had to find an external floppy drive -- my laptop being built for weight and
not for floppy-reading), I found the problem with the C: drive was a massive
(gigabytes) MLCAD.LOG file and another very large MLCAD.OLD file. Both of them
appeared to be full of error messages, relating to the heap. In my enthuasiasm
to get my laptop rebooted, I just deleted the files, so I don't have the detail
of the error messages unfortunately.

Does anyone have any advice on what caused the problem, how to prevent the
problem, etc? Could the problem be the size of my model? How big is too big?

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond

I have same config as you (win98se+64Mo).
For me, the problem only occur with MLCad v2.12
I have no problem with MLCad v2.11
Try to get v2.11

Best luck,

Damien