 CAD / Development / 7694
Re: Handling Stickers Without a Known Number
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad.dev
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 23:58:55 GMT

In lugnet.cad.dev, Steve Bliss writes:
I'd like some feedback on the following.  Do you like the idea?  Dislike it?

So my idea is this: select a single 3DN to use for all such stickers, and
apply a suffix code for each individual sticker.  So, if the designated 3DN
was 999, we might have sticker files like 999s01, 999s02, and 999s03.

I ran this idea past Chris Dee, and he was generally in favor of it.  Except
that he pointed out that we have 2 more filename characters to use, so we
could actually have sticker 'numbers' like 999s0000, 999s0001, etc.

Hmmmm. Yes I think 100 would be too limiting. But can't see any immediately
bad thing about the idea, so I vote yes!

ROSCO