 CAD / 8521
Re: LDraw.org Parts Update 2002-04 Now Available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.cad
Date:
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:56:20 GMT

In lugnet.cad, Burkhard Schloemer writes:
However, what I would like to see is the part reviewers to concentrate on
"important" new parts, meaning sloped/wedged elements and such! Nothing
wrong with a dozen of new Minifig-torsos, but frankly I don't need them that
urgent. A lot of people would rather like to have the new canopies and
slopes, new parts that came out with the current product line. The parts ARE
there at the tracker, at least most of them, they just have to be reviewed
and, if they don't meet the high standards, improved as fast as possible.

As a regular reviewer, I have to tell you that I'm starting to run out of
parts that I own to review.  May of these canopies and such are one set
parts and not everyone has them.  It has been a quasi-informal rule for
reviewers not to review a part that they do not actually own (there are a
few exceptions, such as similar patterns and mirror image parts to name a few).

Another point is this:  The more complicated the part, the more likely it
will recieve at least one hold vote sometime during the review process.
This will tend to slow down the release of the part, especially if the
author only has a limited amount of time to affect fixes.

So what am I trying to say?  We definately need more regular reviewers.

-Orion