(...) I am currently building this set, since seeing your post...For the heck of it, I just checked my emperor's stronghold (I got it for christmas), the white ninja is female... this will change however, I think I'll take my extra majisto beard and (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Figurky (Bylo: Re: Lego je OK! ;)

(...) Pockaj, teraz neviem co myslis. Aka zeleno-zlta farba ? Myslis ten priezor na prilbe ? Nemali to nahodou Space Police II ? (...) Ano, insectoids su fajn. Myslim, ze mam jednu doma. Bola to promo akcia Shell. Si predstav, ze hlava tej figurky (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.sk)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Thanks for the offer but I've got them here. I plan to upload data while watching the X-Files. :-) Man, I love the look of these blue bricks. This is very cool. -Suz. (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Mindstorms a Legovy Hry

(...) No ano, tusim sa to vola tak nejak, ze Droid Developer Kit... ale je to robot R2D2 zo Star Warsov. Mne sa tiez celkom paci, ale je to vyslovene Mindstorms - vsetko sama elektronika. Tam moc fantaziu nepouzijes, ked chces postavit nieco nove. (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) I have work e-mail that I'm not going to bother responding to until I get back to the office on Monday.... (not that I'm neglecting my duties - my entire university is closed right now, so responding to the e-mail would be a little silly since (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Question How do we know if Brad is for real?

(...) I think we may need to take a deep breath here and realize this is the holiday season. I don't know about you or anyone else, but I haven't been at work (officially) since a few days before Christmas. Why should we think Brad has been? (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Jsou tu 2 lidi! (Bylo: Re: Je tu nekdo?)

(...) Preco ? Je to tam nebezpecne ? Prepadavaju tam ludi indiani a kovboji ? ;)) (...) Na Floride v blizkosti Kennedyho mysu budu mat asi Space LEGO a v Houstne ten raketoplan z Mesta a to vesmirne centrum. ;)))) V LA a v NY budu same policajne (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) [...] (...) LOL, this sounds about right according to the mention of your (3?) sisters. well, I hope poor Ros doesn't get burned at the stake or anything. (...) Oh Yes! That's right, I remember when I first saw Rosalin's friend Iris. I totally (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Do you want $50 for a $20 set?

(...) Check your local Tuesday Morning store. That is pretty much the only US store chain that received the set. Also, I am sure you have called S@H (8004534652, incase you did not) and they told you it was discontinued. However, it is not rare for (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  LNP goes Internet

Hello, i just uploaded some stuff to Luis Villa´s machine, that might be usefull for LNP networkers. Here is an excerpt of the README: Hi there, this is my first version of liblnp and lnpd. WHAT´S IN THE BOX: lnpd: A LinuX daemon that allows (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos)

  RE: need help with ir proximity detection

Try this: (URL) There is NQC code at the bottom of the page. Rich Thompson (URL) Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of ranfinity Sent: Sunday, January 02, 2000 2:20 PM To: lugnet.robotics@lugnet.com (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: LDraw DAT certification for clones?

(...) Borland Pascal, Borland C/C++, and Microsoft C/C++ all use the IEEE format for floating point numbers (float, double and extended are all IEEE defined) because these are the formats supported by the 80x87 line math coprocessors. (Even though (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev.org.ldraw)

  Re: P.S. :-)

(...) hehe... slusny rasizmus. ;) To som o havaji netusil. Som mal mienku, ze to je idealny ostrov, kde vsetci ziju spokojne spolu, ziadne konflikty. ;)) Sak pockaj, pridem aj s kamaratmi a spravime tam prevrat ! Budu tam vladnut biely ! ;))))) (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.cz)

  Re: LEGO @NASA

(...) For even more interesting stuff check out the links from their home page (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: need help with ir proximity detection

I would use nqc. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) Not if that is the same Dacta Castle set that's been out for a while. It has the older 3x6x6 half-octagon towers. The new ones are 3x4x6 half (and a bit) octagon towers. James (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Element Count Trivia

(...) Gosh... Someone needs to get their employees better chosen... (I'm starting to understand how come TLC always does the weirdest things... ;-) -Shiri (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  LEGO @NASA

Here's an interesting page I found while searching for "lego+instruction" with Google: (URL) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Division by Zero on startup of LDraw or LEdit

I recently downloaded these and any attempt to run them on my machine gives a Runtime Error #200. I looked this up and it's a division-by-zero error. I have several versions of the BGI files, some came with other software, some with Borland Pascal, (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dev)

  Re: Remy's Big Lego Christmas! (was Re: Big Lego Christmas)

(...) Yup, there is. Although (predicatably enough) there's more cross-over with Fantasy than Sci Fi. And, while you might think there's a big cross-over to RPG's, its actually a fairly small subset. James (URL) were you refering to Fandom/Maniac (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Looks Great! If you need the missing pictures, they're on the lego.com catalog - I'll be glad to help download if you're short on time. (...) Yeah, when Belville first came out I scorned it, but it grew on me... I only have one set now, it's a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?

(...) My thoughts agree, at least for the time being and probably through most if not all of 2000. Someday, though (maybe 2001 or 2002?) it'll probably make a lot of sense...who knows? I bet a group like .duplo.toolo or .duplo.dinosaurs would have a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.town)

  Re: Tough to find pieces

Pawel Nazarewicz wrote in message ... (...) the (...) You are right, that is what I meant. The yellow torso with black hands which at one time was not common, and the brown cape. -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Problems with RCX Robolab and PowerMacs 6400/200 and 5500/225

I had a similar problem and suggested used the three cable method you mentioned with great success. Before I tried this I sent an inquiry to Dacta and got this response "There is an issue with some Macintosh serial ports that we are currently (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics, lugnet.robotics.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx.robolab, lugnet.edu, lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Actually, IIRC, it was the stepmother, who later disguised herself as an old lady so Snow white wouldn't recognize her... (...) Rosaline is gonna be a martyr in my lego-world... (...) LOL! Just add a cyclone, and a Prince Charming that falls (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

  Re: Installing LegOS tools

(...) Yes!!! This is sorely needed, IMO! Worthwhile?? Heck, I'd _pay_ for something like that. Especially if it had floating point support (through emulation, of course). (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

(...) Just had a look.... WAY cool!!! I'm a CNC lathe operator and it is so great to see how you managed to make working models of all those machines, just wonderful... Just bought my Mindstorms kit, hope to do some great things with it. Looking at (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Speed of RCX interpreting bytecodes: slow

(...) Are you sure you mean each of the POSSIBLE threads? I did test to see whether it was slower to count to 1000 with another task running, and it was. Not half as fast, only about 30% slower. --Ben (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics.rcx)

  Re: Element Count Trivia

(...) I nevber realisewd they had had that many editions in the first place. Twenty thirdond edition.. Wow. Jasper (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

(...) I'm not sure that is an accurate or representative metric. PPB when breaking up buckets is a combination of rarity and desirability, and as far as I can tell 2*4 bricks are less expensive than most others, because there's not that much demand (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  FS/Fa: Pizza To Go

I recently acquired a Pizza to Go in excellent shape. It does not have a box, but it does have directions. The only piece missing is a transparent coffee mug.... II substituted a red one from my own spare parts collection. Is anybody interested? I (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

(...) My guess is that the text is all translated into English. In addition to obvious spelling mistakes ("Enignes", "Mike's Coloum"), there are a few suspicious grammatical choices scattered throughout this section of the LEGO site. None of it (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Is there a Lady Ninja?

(...) Having just acquired all of the kabaya Ninja sets from Australia......I would love to acquire any new Ninja promo sets ....are there 4 more now matching the second generation Ninja sets? does anybody have these? (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay

(...) uses (...) walls (...) more (...) Do you have an image of Warwick castle on line somewhere? (Or even the ldraw file) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Installing LegOS tools

Me too! (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Shipping from Germany

Gutan Tag, I just won a Metroliner train in an auction from Germany. The gentleman selling it told me the shipping would be $38 US to ship it and $10 to cash the check. Could someone tell me if this is reasonable? It seems a bit much. What are my (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.de)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

Check my site for steering the 8448. -- Bob Fay rfay@we.mediaone.net The Shop (URL) Baum" <dbaum@spambgoneenteract.com> wrote in message news:dbaum-020100141...act.com... (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Do those throwbots have any useful technic pieces?

I've been looking at those silly sets in stores, and I was curious if they have any actual useful technic pieces (gears, technic bricks, etc.) or if they're totally made up of specially-molded SPUDs. -- Paul Davidson (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Desperatly seeking info on set 6977 insectoids

I need to know how the "pincers" on the front of the model go together and how they attatch to the model proper. I am building a model of the harvester from c&c and as I was going through my set pictures collection looking for other stuff I saw the (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) I distinctly remember seeing the piece in the dacta castle set picture I was looking at yesterday. (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Is there a Lady Ninja?

(...) The Ninja Princess is the white ninja that was in the Emperor's Stronghold. The only other place I have ever seen her is in a Kabaya promo set from Japan. J (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) Given that you can replace most of the plastic panels of some mobile phones these days (the 5110 springs to mine) replacing the plastic with lego shouldn't be too hard. Even if you cant replace it with lego then you vould replace it with a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Technic Box #2

(...) Update: currently there are 8 names on the list. To speed things up a bit, I have decided to put a deadline for entry of Jan. 27, 2000 (1 month after initial posting). The box will go out on approx. Jan 31, whether it has 25 names on the list (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.jambalaya)

  Is there a Lady Ninja?

Guys may I know which set there is any Lady ninja, by the look of all the ninja I don't think there is any. Thanks Leroy (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: How many sets?

(...) Cool. I have been working on this lately. Hope to finish today. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Todd, can we have an Arctic posting group?

I don't think specialized newsgroups for Arctic and the myriad of other subthemes would get enough traffic to be worthwhile. Better to keep it in lugnet.town, I think. -- Paul Davidson Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> wrote in message (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.town)

  Does someone want to split a 6544 Shuttle Transcon 2 set?

I saw this old (1995) set in a store today. I could use the pieces that comprise the space shuttle, but if someone is interested they could buy the other half of the set (the blue jumbo jet) off me. It looks like it has some of those little windows (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.town, lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Is the tower piece new?

(...) It's totally new. -Shiri (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) I hear you - I'm dying to buy the 4558, but no chance of that happening anytime soon... especially at the current average price of $400... -Shiri (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay

(...) Warwick castle is a .dat file of a HUGE lt grey castle I made in ldraw. It uses about 2814 pieces for the castle alone (not the moat and siege setup) It uses 541 1 x 2 grey, 136 1 x 4 grey, 236 2 x 2 corner grey, 108 normal castle walls (some (...) (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Is the tower piece new?

Is the tower piece in the 2000 castle new for 2000? Which sets has it come in previously? (25 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  How many sets?

Hello, Today, with nothing better to do, I copied all my set purchases from a chart of graph paper into Microsoft Pocket Excell on my HP 32O LX (WindowsCE). I did a quick column sum for parts number and cost and came up with the following: Total (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: new Duplo for 2000

(...) Oh, should have clarified, this information was regarding Australian release dates, so could be earlier for you! Rachel (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: new Duplo for 2000

(...) I was told they were coming out in september! Long time to wait huh? Rachel :-) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay

Cool, I have almost all of those from my childhood lego. :) -- Paul Davidson Rick Kurtzuba <kurtzuba@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fnpvt8.DnI@lugnet.com... (...) head. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Do you want $50 for a $20 set?

Regrettably, I visited the store today and they had no 6557's left. Sorry to Mr. Linsey and the others that emailed me about acquiring this set. The store does still have almost all the other Divers sets if anyone is interested. -- Paul Davidson (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.market.buy-sell-trade, lugnet.trains)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) NORTEL made a LEGO phone. I know...I have seen them, and I imagine I could find reference to them if I dig hard enough... (away I go to dig...) James (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Destroyer Droid - anyone got the back leg working properly?

Tony Priestman <Tony@you-rang.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:X+7aEIArw8b4EwA...n.co.uk... (...) No problem with the head here, apart from it not staying down when trying to fold the droid up. I think we can conclude that it is by far the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) Yes, I think the tyco phone is the source for all the rumors of a Lego phone. I haven't seen anything else. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

Karen Gold wrote in message ... (...) with (...) Dorky? Hardly (^: Iain (drooling over not only the car) -- tokama (URL) UIN 5362826 AIM Linjerflyg h e n d r y j r AT o x f o r d DOT n e t (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Installing LegOS tools

I couldn't agree more with you. Unfortunately I'm not able to help you, but once you've got it up and running I sure would like to download it! CU Bert Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning in Lego pBricks www.bvandam.net -----Oorspronkelijk (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Goodwin Smith™ Troop Delivery Vehicle  [DAT]

Goodwin Smith™, the general contracting company that has been providing heavy weapon and assault platforms for over 220 years is pleased to unveil the latest in our ground-based troop delivery systems. The TDV-10 provides ultra-stable transport for (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.cad.dat.models)

  Re: Acronym Question

(...) Yes. What has come of the effort to create a FAQ? (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.faq)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

I remember rumors from my younger days of an actual LEGO telephone. I know tyco (lower case intentional) had one few years back. Tom, I have also wanted to do the same thing by taking the "guts" out of a phone and rebuilding it, but I want to do a (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Destroyer Droid - anyone got the back leg working properly?

My front legs go back further than the illustration as well, so that's probably normal. I think various bits are meant to open when a shock is provided. If you can get the front legs to work right, the rest of it should bounce itself open. My main (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Return to Lego!

"Luca Castiglioni" <dreamdesign3000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Fnq6r9.Fns@lugnet.com... (...) lungo! :) Benvenuto. (...) pericolosamente (...) Scoprirai che una buona percentuale di noi si avvicina (non pericolosamente) agli '..anta'. (...) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

I believe he is the designer of the #8448 set. His name is Mike. (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) Rob, just as a little known thing, NORTEL made a LEGO phone once...I almost had one! (I know someone with one, and it almost came to me for the right amount of $...) James Powell (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

Grab a spare motor, and turn the axle with your fingers. Easy, eh? Now, take a Lego jumper (wire with a conductor plate on either end) and connect one end to the motor and the other end in the same direction to the first end. This shorts out the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

(...) In England we all drive motorcars and all of them have engines....ask your ninth graders to work that one out ! Regards Tim (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  RE: How many Vancouver LUGNET users?

I'm located in Burnaby. I'm currently collecting Technic, and Star Wars Lego. I'm particularly interested in the Mindstorms stuff. Several guys at work are also into the Star Wars Lego. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: 5903 Johnny Thunder & Baby-T

(...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.adventurers)

  Re: new Duplo for 2000

(...) Just a general comment about the Pooh theme. I do not like the characters so much, but then, you get many cool parts with this theme that do not come in other sets. The birthday cake and the present box come to mind. Personally, I will by the (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.duplo)

  RE: Three arm piece for makeing tri-star

I believe that it's only available in sets. The Giant Robot set comes with 2 of them, one in balck and one in gray. The smallest set that I've found containing the ones useful for the tri-star wheel is the 8215 GyroCopter. The ones that come with (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Destroyer Droid - anyone got the back leg working properly?

On Sun, 2 Jan 2000 20:05:09 GMT, Huw Millington uttered the following profundities... (...) Not currently. Tony Priestman very kindly provided scans of his errata pages, but I have yet to try and incorporate them. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Re: Tough to find pieces

(...) Maybe an *unprinted* yellow torso is rare...the only other instance I can think of is the figure-head on that big pirate ship (Black Seas Baracuda?) --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: [Slightly of topic] Why?

On Fri, 31 Dec 1999 02:01:09 GMT, Mr L F Braun uttered the following profundities... (...) Was unaware of that, useful info! Thanks! (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.starwars)

  Re: Suggestions for Lego: My two cents

On Wed, 22 Dec 1999 17:37:30 GMT, Brian Lanning uttered the following profundities... (...) Prefer 2x2x1 column pieces. Use Technic axles for stability, if that is why you prefer 2x2x11's. (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO Direct Questions

On Sun, 26 Dec 1999 19:24:28 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) Based on the ~$10.00 retail price of the 3025 Silver Brick Bucket, and using the number of studs per brick as a guage for measuring the price per brick, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

What I want to know is why the Lego group does not know the difference between a motor and an engine? My ninth-graders know that when I get through with them. The other thing I want to know is who is that dorky guy that poses with the 8448?......... (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: Acronym Question

(...) Wow, I've been seeing this question often! (...) :) IIRC, AFAIK, MOC means My Own Creation(s). (Actually, I know for sure.) IHTHADH, --Bram Bram Lambrecht / o o \ BramL@juno.com ---...---oooo-----(_...o---...--- WWW: (URL) PAYING TOO MUCH FOR (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tough to find pieces

(...) Mabye it's just the fact the the yellow torso has yellow arms with BLACK hands. (although I guess you could just rearrange several different minifigs) -David (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Re: Acronym Question

(...) MOC means My Own Creation. This is opposed to something designed by Lego, it is something that you designed. Ryan (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Remy's Big Lego Christmas! (was Re: Big Lego Christmas)

I pretty much nicked "mundanes" from fandom (and if you have to ask what kind of fandom you don't already know, (1) ) and I expect that there is some SCA-Fannish crossover... as there is to us Maniacs. Pournelle is a hack but I did enjoy Fallen (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Acronym Question

Geez... just when one thinks one knows what all these *cute* acronyms everone uses mean, I get stumped. What does MOC mean? Model of Constructions... ? Method of Cremation? Mindja own Cr... ? Any help would be VMA (very much appreciated;) -- pn (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general)

  Re: Tough to find pieces

(...) Er, isn't that just a lt. grey 1x1 cylinder? Is there something special about it? J (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

  Return to Lego!

Sono appassionato di LEGO da tanti anni ormai, in particolare delle serie Technic e i Treni. Col passare degli anni (qua ci si avvicina pericolosamente ai 30...) e' diminuita, un po' per gli elevati costi di questi 'mattoncini', e un po' per (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.it)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

Nice, Tom... (OK, set that hook, don't let Tom feel it, set it, gently, gently, easy does it, gently... THERE! Now, start reeling him in, but don't let him think he's not free to go... gently gently.. all right, let him run free a bit... ok, ok, (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

If you go to (URL) they show you how to integrate the RCX...steering,two motors etc.But there is nothing about automatic gear shifting. Regards Tim PS...yes "Lego Wizard" has much more impact than "Creator of NQC" !!!!! (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) Not if you buy a phone compatible with WORK. Grin. Dean (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  need help with ir proximity detection

i need help on how to make a robot that avoids objects by sensing how far away it is my sending a ir message with the rcx and dectecting it with the light sensor. how would you make the programming code (in rcx code or nqc)? (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  New Robot: Robot11

Greetings from Canada, I know this might not be a fantatic creation but it was my first go at a dual cartesian-robot using the second Mindstorms kit I recieved for Xmas this year (Was dissapoited at the lack of a power jack!). It's a model of one of (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

Someday, yes. I'm going to get a phone, tear it apart, and rework the guts into some plates/bricks. But only a home phone - I think Facilities would get upset if I tore apart a work phone ;-) (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!

I haven't motorized it yet. I got side-tracked building the original supercar (8880). I wanted to compare these two models side by side. Even though the 8448 isn't as 'tech' as 8880, I'm more impressed with 8448. 8448 is built up modularly - which (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics)

  Re: best set for micromotors, pneumatics

John Morgan wrote in message ... (...) Hi John, Thank's for correctly spelling my name. So few people get it right (^: (...) action (...) part (...) air. It sounds to me like a hydraulic/pneumatic snubbing cylinder. Thanks for the explanation! Iain (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.technic)

  Destroyer Droid - anyone got the back leg working properly?

Mine does not open when the red button is pressed, and I cannot see quite how it is supposed to. I presume the front legs open first, then somehow knock the black piece that holds the back leg upright. Does anyone's work as advertised? Also, my (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.loc.uk)

  Machnines handling garbage - video

Machines handle garbage. The world processes so much garbage that we have thousands of mechanical inventions to handle it. These machines can give us LEGO building ideas. Perhaps, clever LEGO builders can improve these machines. An excellent video (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.build, lugnet.books, lugnet.technic)

  New Dacta Sensors

Is anyone planning on purchasing and disassembling the new DCP sensors and posting their findings on the net? -Rob (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.robotics)

  Re: What I did for the Y2K weekend...

(...) Damn, Tom. What's next, a Lego telephone? -Rob (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Building a Mini-fig Army, how much to pay

Rick Kurtzuba wrote in message ... (...) Is this crow the black one? I need some of those. I sold four to a friend not realizing I would ever have difficulty replacing them! -- Have fun! John The Legos you've been dreaming of... (URL) weird Lego (...) (25 years ago, 2-Jan-00, to lugnet.castle)

Skipped 11 messages in groups lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.off-topic.geek (Skip-filter settings)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact