 General / 13008
13007  |  13009
Subject:
How many sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 23:09:02 GMT

Hello,

Today, with nothing better to do, I copied all my set purchases from a chart
of graph paper into Microsoft Pocket Excell on my HP 32O LX (WindowsCE). I
did a quick column sum for parts number and cost and came up with the
following:

Total Sets: 131
Total Parts: 10 587
Total Cost: $3 471.61 (CDN)

Geez. That sure seems like a lot! But I'm not sure about that. Based on what
I've seen it sure seems like a lot of you guys out there have a lot more
than that. Where do I stand?

For what it's worth I recently turned 18 and have been collecting ever since
I was 3. That was back in November of 1984. I have it down here the first
set was from McDonalds, "Truck", and it had 17 peices and cost (at the time)
$0.59.

My favourite sets include:

December 1989: Freight Train (7722)
December 1990: Futuron Monorail (6990)
February 1994: Lego Technic Control Centre (9753)
September 1998: Mindstorms (9719)

I've really had a great life with LEGO and it's helped me so much to
understand many of the mechanisms that I see at Amusement Parks on roller
coasters (my other life passion) and robots (the other one (^: ).

I've really enjoyed reading the various groups of LUGNet!

    Iain
--
tokama       http://www.oxford.net/~hendryjr
ICQ UIN      5362826