 General / 13051
Re: How many sets?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 18:36:05 GMT

Frank Filz wrote:

D. Jezek wrote:
Geez!  You must have a big house or a lot of storage space to display all that
Lego.  How do you handle that financially?  I've been trying to keep my total
lego value under $500 because well...this might sound silly but there ARE
other things than Lego.

One bedroom apartment (check out

   http://www.mindspring.com/~ffilz/Lego/apartment.html

For some pictures of my bedroom. Most of my LEGO sets are unbuilt, about
1/3 to 1/2 are broken down and sorted, at most 10% are built.

How do I handle it financially? Well for starters I don't have a huge
mortgage. I'm not living in the most desireable part of town. I don't
smoke or drink. I drive a 1987 Acura Integra (bought 2.5 years ago,
chosen for its reliability). I tend to eat relatively cheaply. I haven't
upgraded my home computer for several years (running a plain ole Pentium
100), though I do also own a laptop (actually two) - it's actually
faster, a Pentium 120, but it doesn't have as good a video.

Of course the biggest factor is no spouse to tell my how I can spend my
money... I do have to watch myself though, I have dipped a little too
far into the house down payment.

--
Frank Filz

Home: mailto:ffilz@mindspring.com

Wow Frank!  There appears to be room for little else!

Mine is stored in my  basement.  Luckily I live in a ranch house and I have a 1000
sq. ft. recreation room in the basement.  There is LEGO LEGO everywhere....

Gary Istok