 Robotics / RCX / legOS / 613
612  |  614
Subject:
LNP goes Internet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.robotics.rcx.legos
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 02:28:10 GMT

Hello, i just uploaded some stuff to Luis Villa´s machine, that might be
usefull for
LNP networkers. Here is an excerpt of the README:

Hi there, this is my first version of liblnp and lnpd.

WHAT´S IN THE BOX:

lnpd:
  A LinuX daemon that allows multiple clients to connect to a LEGO RCX
running
  Markus L. Noga´s famous legOS operating system and exchange messages
  according to the LNP protocol.

liblnp:
  a library (shared or static) that can be linked to your
application(s),
  making it capable of connecting to a lnpd somewhere around the world.

applications:
  2 little examples to show how it works.
  lnptest is a program that continously sends messages to the RCX and
  simultanously receives from the RCX. To see the multi-client feature,
just
  start it several times at once.
  dll is a port of Marcus´ program downloader that uses liblnp. It´s a
little
  bit simpler, because lnpd and liblnp now do some dirty tty work.
What´s fine
  with it: It works with LNP running at 4800 baud.

rcx:
  lnptest is the counterpart to the PC lnptest mentioned above. It
starts 3
  independent tasks sending LNP messages to the PC and receives messages
  simultanously. To make this program work without crashing, you should
apply
  patch.legOS to your legOS source and recompile legOS.
  However that´s NOT necessary for lnpd and liblnp to work properly, it
just
  fixes a little bug related to multiple tasks sending LNP messages
  simultanously. The rcx directory is not included in the make-tree,
because
  it´s just an example.

What Platforms does it run on ?
  So far, i tested it only on my home linux box running kernel 2.2.13
  and glibc-2.1.2. However, i guess kernel 2.0.x and glibc-2.0.x could
also
  work.