 Technic / 629
Re: 8448 there are no brakes !!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.technic, lugnet.robotics
Date:
Sun, 2 Jan 2000 20:13:43 GMT

I haven't motorized it yet.  I got side-tracked building the original
supercar (8880).  I wanted to compare these two models side by side.

Even though the 8448 isn't as 'tech' as 8880, I'm more impressed with
8448.  8448 is built up modularly - which is reflected in the instructions
and even the packaging.  8880 has some sub-assemblies, but you find
yourself building up many different features in parallel - often without
realizing what each piece is for without flipping forward a dozen pages in
the instructions.  Also the modular design of 8448 lends itself more to
modification.  In short, I found building the 8448 more enjoyable.  Plus
it looks fantastic.

After I finish 8880 (probably tonight) I'll start looking at motorizing
8448.  I'd like to power both the drivetrain and the steering, with an RCX
riding in the trunk.  Then I could use my Lego remote to drive the car
around.

Dave Baum

p.s.  'Lego Wizard'...I like that.  Gotta put it on my business cards.

In article <Fnpx1F.IE8@lugnet.com>, "Tim Wilkins" <Tim.Wilkins@zurich.com>
wrote:

Seriously though.....why are there no brakes ? Are there any models that have
brakes ? And has any Lego Wizard (Dave Baum are you there ?) motorised the
automatic gearchange.....then you could control eveything via RIS

Regards

Tim Wilkins

--
reply to: dbaum at enteract dot com