 Belville / 34
Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 01:40:22 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.belville, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
Weird to answer to my own letter... • [...]
Meanwhile, elsewhere on the Fantasy Baseplate,
Cinderella was tormented by her evil Stepmother and Stepsisters.

Rosaline is gonna be a martyr in my lego-world...

LOL, this sounds about right according to the mention of your (3?) sisters.
well, I hope poor Ros doesn't get burned at the stake or anything.

The current witch set does come with a green and a red apple, so if I give her
the mirror... pah. much more fun to mix it up I think.

[...]
(I can just imagine a Snow-white/Cinderella storyline...)

A combo story? Hee he he -- yes, where Cinderella falls asleep at the ball and
Snow White dreads her seven small stepfathers! I'd like to see Disney do that
one.

LOL! Just add a cyclone, and a Prince Charming that falls in love with the
fairy godmother, and then "Toto, we're not in Belville anymore..." - and it's
a classic! :-)

Oh Yes! That's right, I remember when I first saw Rosalin's friend Iris. I
totally thought she was Dorothy. I was like, "OK, where's the Tin Man, and that
guy behind the curtain and all..?" But they haven't materialized yet. Maybe next
year. That could be fun. Poppy fields and flying monkeys could present real
problems for the faries. heehe. I bet Oz could be done with existing stuff
somehow. "Yellow brick road" would be easy, ho-ho-ho. Come to think of it,
minifigs would make cute little-people or dwarfs.

Better yet:
There's one extremely good Princess and her identical twin, the evil Princess.
<Trek> "Must have been a Transporter malfunction, Captain!" </Trek>

Well, there won't be any problems making duplicates of Rosaline... she appears
in every third set...

Yup. but at least she changes her clothes some times. :-)

-Suz

Message has 1 Reply:
  Speculations on bedtime stories (was:Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com)

(...) I'll do my best to keep her mind off thinking she's Joan-of-arc, too... ;-) (And yeah, that's three sisters...) [snip] (...) and (...) that (...) that (...) next (...) The Munchkins! And the witch will be the wicked witch of the west, the (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Actually, IIRC, it was the stepmother, who later disguised herself as an old lady so Snow white wouldn't recognize her... (...) Rosaline is gonna be a martyr in my lego-world... (...) LOL! Just add a cyclone, and a Prince Charming that falls (...) (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)