 Belville / 24
Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 00:12:49 GMT

This is the second letter I'm writing in reply. The first one got erased -
that seems to be happening to me a lot lately... But back to business (or
fun...)

In lugnet.belville, Frank Filz writes:
craig hamilton wrote:

In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:
Weird to answer to my own letter...

Lego has officially put the new Belville sets in the US catalog. Seems • it's a
new line now, no longer part of System. • [snipped description about new stuff]
I guess I *AM* talking to myself here...   :-)

-Shiri

Hello!
Is anyone out there?
Can anyone here me?!

Guess not ;-)

~ guess again!  i'm actually more excited about these sets than the new
system castle!

  most of this stuff looks good sprinkled in among my mini-fig creations. it
occurred to me that in m-f scale the rabbit could be "harvey" or dare i say
alice's friend, the white rabbit. • Cool, didn't think o'that!

  looking at my MM catalogue which arrived today, • MM? I've my S@H catalog, arriving today too. What does MM stand for?
i've spent most of my time
scouring the belville pages for details. in #5824, the blue fairy has a
silver moon design where as the others have stars.
Actually, pink fairy in 5823 has a golden moon design. Notice also the w/fairy
in 5827 with flower design.
it comes with the scala
butterfly and lady bug too. • Lady bug? you mean that yellow thing on top of the dome?
wow. what appeats to be a clear gemstone! a
diamond! i _must_ have it! i like this set a lot, and it's only $9!

Yup I'll be buying lots of these I suspect. It also has a blue bucket
like the peasant's back pack. I especially like the three 1x6x2 arched
railings. I've been wanting these in white, and up until this set, the
only place I've seen them in white is 1 in 5805. Oh, it also looks like
there are a set of dark pink pots (1 of each type)

Yeah, it seems like a great set. 7 gems in total, in 4 dif. colors. (I'm
assuming another blue gem on other side of castle, if not, then 6 gems.)
   in #5823 one of the kittens is an orange tabby!

Yeah, it'll be a great addition to my future circus as a tiger cub...

there's a small trans-red
or trans dark pink treasure chest,
(Dk pink I think) Isn't it cool - m-f scale, like the normal brown one, but in
trans.!
a trans lt pink gemstone, • IMO it's clear, but only reflecting the treas chest.
a silver cup,
and either a trans red or trans drk pink small radar dish. • Seems dk pink too.

Yet another real nice set, though a little pricier.

Only comparable to 5824. Just think, the figures each cost $7.75, while this
is only $6.75. Not too much.

  the #5827 ~royal coach, i'm a bit "if-fy" about getting. the silver radar
dishes and a large (#5801 size) clear chest, the fairy, which is white w/
clear wand are the only appealing elements.

There is another interesting piece in this, that train folks may come to
desire, the sides of the coach seem to have 1x3x2 rounded bricks, which
would make a somewhat reasonable 6 wide curved tank top, I hope it comes
out in a better set for parts. The large wagon wheels also look
interesting.

The whole set has a nice story-bookish appeal.
Notice that the other two new sets don't appear in S@H, I don't know what
you're looking at. They appear in the lego.com catalog though. They are in
both the US section and European section, but with different names and
description. They both look really nice too, but you can't see too much
details or price.

I wonder what I'm going to do with all the Millimys? Perhaps an army of
Valkyries or something?

Well, my Millimys aren't gonna bear that name for long, and if I get the new
character of the fairy queen (I won't call her stella) she's definitely gonna
be their queen. I already started thinking of kitchy names for them ("rose"
for the lt pink one, "moonlight" for the blue, etc.), and they will NOT be an
army, that's for sure :-) . I just *might* make them the Erin little people...

I just noticed that Rosaline's room is raised by $3.50 . Bummer.

Well, anyway, the new sets look really good.

-Shiri

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Shiri- FYI (For Your Information) MM stands for 2000 (M is latin number for 1000) HTH (Hope This Helps), John (25 years ago, 1-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Yup I'll be buying lots of these I suspect. It also has a blue bucket like the peasant's back pack. I especially like the three 1x6x2 arched railings. I've been wanting these in white, and up until this set, the only place I've seen them in (...) (25 years ago, 30-Dec-99, to lugnet.belville)