 Belville / 39
Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com
Newsgroups:
lugnet.belville
Date:
Mon, 3 Jan 2000 21:47:55 GMT

In lugnet.belville, Frank Filz writes:
Shiri wrote:

In lugnet.belville, Steve Bliss writes:
In lugnet.belville, craig hamilton wrote:

In lugnet.belville, Shiri Dori writes:

(I can just imagine a Snow-white/Cinderella storyline...)

Just throw in set #4930 for some dwarves. ;)

looking at my MM catalogue which arrived today, i've spent most of my • time
scouring the belville pages for details. in #5824, the blue fairy has a
silver moon design where as the others have stars.it comes with the scala
butterfly and lady bug too. wow. what appeats to be a clear gemstone! a
diamond! i _must_ have it! i like this set a lot, and it's only $9!

The light-pink fairy in #5823 also has the moon pattern.

Can someone tell me *why* they didn't use minifigs for the fairies?  These
non-poseable SPUDs are terrible!

Don't ask me - I stopped searching for reason in TLC long ago... :-)

BTW, SPUD stands for...?

  in #5823 one of the kittens is an orange tabby! there's a small trans- • red
or trans dark pink treasure chest, a trans lt pink gemstone, a silver cup
and either a trans red or trans drk pink small radar dish.

the #5827 ~royal coach, i'm a bit "if-fy" about getting. the silver • radar
dishes and a large (#5801 size) clear chest, the fairy, which is white w/
clear wand are the only appealing elements.

And this fairy has a rosebud print.  Just in case anyone cares.

Yeah, I mentioned those faires in the other posts.

I'm not too keen on the SPUD-ness of the carriage, but this is Belville-- • that
approach is expected.

I notice in sets 5825 (Fairy Queen Stella) and 5826 (Wicked Queen) there's • a
new
element for Belville - a solid wall with studs on the sides (or is this • old,
and
I've been asleep?).  I guess the Belville designers have been taking notes
from
Scala.  Good for them.

Is it just me, or does that wall look like it could rotate?

That would be cool.

Looks like it to me. I wonder if it is a better piece than the System
secret door?

No, it prolly isn't - it doesn't look too secret...

-Shiri

Message has 1 Reply:
  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

Shiri wrote in message ... (...) Just got my 5824 today, and on the back of the instructions it has pictures of 5823, 5825, 5826, and 5827. The picture of 5826 is different from the picture in the Pause Data Base. It definitely shows the wall (...) (24 years ago, 6-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)

Message is in Reply To:
  Re: New sets, pictures at lego.com

(...) Looks like it to me. I wonder if it is a better piece than the System secret door? (24 years ago, 3-Jan-00, to lugnet.belville)