 Publishing / 3626
Re: Brickshelf problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 20:21:42 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Dean Husby writes:

I think simple "Report this content" buttons would be fine. Let everyone be
a moderator. If the button is pressed the account or picture is held until
it is checked.

This might work for off-topic items, but I don't think this would work for
inappropriate images.  In the most recent incident there was a fairly lengthy
discussion on BZ before I saw the pictures mentioned anywhere else, and the
pictures were apparently in a Bionicle folder (I didn't see them, that info
is from the discussion).  If the actual images appeared on the recent updates
page, it might work, but there are a lot of folders that very few people look
at.  Also, keep in mind that there are now thousands of kids who look at
Brickshelf.  Even if the picture is reported in the first minute, kids will
probably see it.

John