 Publishing / 3496
Re: Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 16:02:00 GMT

Larry Pieniazek wrote:

In lugnet.publish, Jim Schifeling writes:
Wouldn't it be just easier, quicker and better to have kids get permission
and have a gate? What exactly are we all worried about? Has someone posted a
snuff film or something?
I think this is nonsense but I don't know the how and why of it all yet.

I have to call hi-jinx until someone explains it.

While I have no idea what "call hi-jinx" means (Is it like a spell cast or
something?) I think it's *been* explained already. To my satisfaction,
anyway. Read the entire thread, it's not that big.

Maybe I missed something, but the only statement of explanation I've
seen is:

While it wasn't originally designed
for kids, the fact is many children visit the Gallery each
day.  In light of that, there is no responsible option other
than full moderation.

By itself, I don't think this is an explanation. Other free web sites
don't have moderation.

Not that I'm saying Kevin shouldn't do it (though it would be nice if
folks who can be trusted could be fast pathed (perhaps with post
moderation in case they slip up)).

Frank