 Publishing / 3480
Re: Brickshelf problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 14:02:35 GMT

I suspect there may be brickshelf regulars who have no interest in posting
improper material.

Since brickshelf knows who's logged in to upload, why not have trusted
accounts. New users only become trusted after "n" good moderated uploads. If
an account is ever complained about, they go from trusted to moderated and
stay there without being able to earn their trusted status back.

I suspect this may reduce the moderator load a huge amount while maintaining
the integrity of the site and the immediacy of uploads for people who
respect it.

JB

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.publish, James Trobaugh writes:

What will be the estimated "turn around" time when pictures are uploaded?

Anywhere from 15 seconds to days.  It all depends on when a moderator
gets to it.  Brickshelf does not have the resources to have full-time
staff moderating the gallery.

KL