 Publishing / 3531
3530  |  3532
Subject:
Censorship and public relations (was: Brickshelf problems?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 15:53:18 GMT

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in
My issue with it was the trademarks and copyrights... Spoofing other
people's ads may not be legal in the US and Kevin has said to watch out • for
stuff like that.

Some of the best photos on brickshelf are (were?) spoofed ads or packages. I
wonder why someone can show splattered, blood covered bodies of minfigs in
his brickwars pages, but you may not show the LEGO logo together with
beatyful women. If I had omitted the logo, nobody would give it a close look
to search the bricks and the picture would have been removed because it was
supposed to be off-topic.

Whoever killed this file should have send a short message when he removed
it. Then I knew what the mistake was and maybe corrected it. And if it's too
much work to write a message for every killed file, because so many pictures
have to be removed, maybe the criteria are too hard. I am really afraid the
censorship is killing the community. I have to repeat this again and again.
Some of us are already thinking loudly about alternatives.

There is no facility to cause a note to go to the submitter at this time. • I
suppose that would be a good enhancement...

It would (s.a.).

By the way I walked your entire directory and
cleared everything else in it that hadn't yet been cleared.

Thanks for that. I hope Brickshelf will become a cozy place for me to store
newer pictures, again.

would you prefer that BrickShelf
had been off the air till Kevin got the entire interface perfect?

I would prefer to be treated in justice. "Everybody is unguilty until the
opposite is proofed." Make all old files available for public, verify them
and then deny access to those that are breaking your rules. And please: Make
those rules public.

Thanks for the feedback,
    ..oli