 Publishing / 3471
Re: Brickshelf problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 01:35:02 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes:

The Gallery system is temporarally offline while we install
the full-moderation function.  From now on all files will
be previewed by moderators before they can be viewed
on the website.  In addition, all previously uploaded
files will be moderated before they are available
again.  This will not affect existing deep-links which
continue to work at this time.

Kevin,

I'm sure you've thought through all the issues, and you've provided a huge
service to all of us, so please don't take this as a complaint, but, is this
the best solution?  I've been on mailing lists where you were unmoderated
unless there was a problem, and then you got put on probation of sorts where
all your posts were moderated for a time.  Would this sort of thing be
possible with Brickshelf?  Once gallery owners have shown themselves to be
okay, give them clearance to post on their own, but if there is any problems
then they get put back under moderated status?  I'm asking for obviously
selfish reasons--it's nice to upload a picture and get immediate feedback.
Especially when in the middle of a conversation on a forum such as this.
But there is also an unselfish reason just in that there is so much volume
that I worry about the moderators.  I can't imagine how much time it would
take to look through every picture or even folder on Brickshelf, not to
mention the new stuff added each day.  Heck, it takes me a chunk of time
each day to scan through and see what's new, and I skip whole piles of
folders in themes that I'm not interested in.

Oh, I'd also really like to know what prompted all this.  Also, with
moderation, is there going to be a change in the sorts of things that are
okay to post?  E.g. personal photos, "spoilers" (like the recent Harry
Potter set pictures that have presumably not been officially released yet),
Bionicle (just kidding, really), etc.

Bruce