 Publishing / 3487
Re: Brickshelf problems?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 00:35:49 GMT

On Wed, 26 Jun 2002, Dan Boger wrote:

In lugnet.publish, Thomas Garrison wrote:
Okay, that's nonlinear. . .when I try to ping library.brickshelf.com
from my computer, I get an unknown host error, but I can ping (or
lynx to)
l.b.c from another computer on the same network, and can browse l.b.c
    through anonymizer.com. Maybe Brickshelf was dropped from one or
    more of the nameservers?

could it be that your computer has a cached NX in it's DNS from a
transient problem?

I think my computer was deeply confused yesterday. . .
Entering 206.131.246.52 in Galeon gave "library.brickshelf.com could not
be found. Please check the name and try again.", which has to qualify as
one of the most bizarre error messages I've ever seen.
Netscape was even better: I get the same error on the same input, but I
also got the actual page (which consists of a link to
http://206.131.246.52/scans/) after which everything worked fine.
And Mozilla worked fine with the IP but choked on the domain name.

Now everything seems to work normally. . .

--
TWS Garrison
http://www.math.purdue.edu/~tgarriso/