 Publishing / 3523
Re: Brickshelf suggestions (was: problems?)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:46:05 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Kevin Loch writes:
In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:

OOOH, good idea. I did not think of that. I guess I better go install NS
then, do you have a recommendation for a good and stable and free version?

Meanwhile the elves have been steadily improving the interface while I was
working (I just cleared about 30 people's folders since I last posted, and I
keep seeing little changes) so it's getting easier.

Don't you wish all software development was this efficient?  It's even written
in C. Kids, don't try this at home :)

BTW, you are using Mozilla 1.1a right?  Besides being a far superior
browser to IE or NS it has a fortuitous bug where it ignores
expires headers when you hit the 'back' button.  That really helps
in the moderator view when you inspect a file and hit 'back'.  IE
and NS (correctoy) load the page again which fetches another random
folder.  Mozilla uses the illegal cache of the page instead.

KL

I use IE, and was quite surprised when that happened to me the first time
(checking a folder and going back, just to find that another random folder
appeared rather than the one I was exploring). Since then, I just open the
questionable file/folder in another window so I can view it. I know, it
could be considered to be an extra step, but I'm used to it.
  Us moderators are doing our best to wade through all the files as soon as
possible. It's a good thing I'm on vacation, Kevin picked a really good time
to do this, otherwise I wouldn't be able to help out as much.
Rich

--
Have Fun! C-Ya!

Legoman34

*****
Legoman34 (Richard W. Schamus)... (My views do not necessarily express the
views of my employer...)

BRICKFEST 2002 IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER... START MAKING PLANS TODAY.

Card carrying LUGNET MEMBER: #70
Visit http://www.geocities.com/legoman34.geo/
...(the wait is over...)
..."The only thing we have to fear, is fear itself." ...
*****