 Publishing / 3501
Re: Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 19:32:04 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Mark Papenfuss writes:
In lugnet.publish, Larry Pieniazek writes:

To Mark P's point, I have not been taking the time to adjust folder
placement, rightly or wrongly. I have just been approving or disapproving in
order to get as many folders back on line as fast as I could. If there are
particularly egregious examples, drop me (or any moderator) a note, and
perhaps they will be corrected. I will try to do better going forward.

Ok, so the moderators can see what folder a picture was uploaded to?

Yes, moderation happens at the folder level. Add one or more pictures to a
new or existing folder and it seems to mark the folder as needing review.

That is
a good thing! And they can move it from one folder to another? If so - COOL!

I do not think we have the power to MOVE pictures from folder to folder. All
we can do is edit the folder attributes as to what sort of folder it is, and
review it as safe, maybe, or unsafe.

if it gets set to safe the folder now becomes publicly visible via the
normal BrickShelf interface. If it gets set to unsure/maybe I THINK it gets
thrown back for re-moderation (I have seen ones I set to maybe come back
again) If it gets set to unsafe I do not know what happens then.

I am happy about this! But I saw the picture I linked to in another part of
this thread is gone. Does that mean that a mod took away its ok? Or it got
moved to another folder? Or the user deleted it?

I guess what I am trying to figure out is what powers the mods have? And how
does the process work? And what happens if a mod chooses not to ok a
picture? Does the user get an email or something?

Good questions. I don't know the answers.

Sorry for all the questions, I just think it would be nice if we knew how
things worked, and what we could do to make the mod job easier.

I speculate the following things would help: Don't delete and recreate
folders to rename/reorg them and don't add just one picture to a folder that
has a lot in it already. Not sure if those actually do help or not.

++Lar