 Publishing / 3625
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 19:46:17 GMT

There seems to be some miscommunication here.

When the image was deleted, Oliver posted asking why it was deleted.  He
received a response from Larry, who wrote that he did not delete it, and was
not sure why it was deleted, but speculated that it may have been deleted
because of trademark and copyright issues (see
http://news.lugnet.com/publish/?n=3528).  He did not state that any image
definately has been deleted because of trademark and copyright issues.

Oliver resubmitted the image with the LEGO logo replaced with a spoof of the
logo.  This time, the image was approved.  The logo may have had nothing to do
with the image being deleted, but, at this point, it seemed that it did.

I think we all need a little more patience here.  Kevin is very busy, and
unfortunately doesn't have the time to spend on all of these questions right
now.  Larry was trying to step in to fill the void.  He has answered a number
of questions and, from my perspective, been very helpful. On this question,
which he was very unsure of and hesitant to answer (once again, see Larry's
post), he was probably wrong.

The transition to a moderated system hasn't been as smooth as most people would
like and there will probably be some more problems over the next few weeks.
Some things could have been handled better, but they also could have been a lot
worse.  I'm sure that this is a bigger headache for Kevin than it is for any of
us.

John