 Publishing / 3606
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Fri, 5 Jul 2002 14:52:13 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hello!

For Brickshelf, "on topic" is a very
simple and sharp distinction.  Is the content in any way
related to LEGO products?  If so, it's on-topic.

That seems clear.

Is it "safe" for kids

Well, that seems not to be so clear.
How do you define "safe for kids"?

OK, no porn. I totally agree.
But where begins "porn"? In my opinion this girl licking her ice (out of ABS)
does not count as porn. It may be erotic in a way (because it is a beautiful
girl) but not dangerous for kids.

And what about violence? There are so many folders that contain war glorifying
buildings or even bloody minifigs. I do not say that this is dangerous for
children (I'm not a psychologist) but I think it's also not the best theme for
kids to deal with.

And what about alcohol? There are also many folders with taverns and inns. And
I can't believe that you can get there just orange juice and hot chocolate. :-)
http://home.arcor.de/chutspe/6067adult.jpg

So what are the criterias for "safe for kids"?

Thanks and regards
Jojo