 Publishing / 3573
3572  |  3574
Subject:
Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Thu, 4 Jul 2002 18:03:12 GMT
Highlighted:
!! (details)

Due to the recent events on Brickshelf, I have decided to permanently
withdraw my Brickshelf gallery postings and I will be removing the links
from my web site.  My reason for this are as follows:

1. While Kevin Loch may OWN Bickshelf, the content is made up from the
community that posts there.  I belive this comunity representation merits
community input or at least a full explaination in regards to such major
changes, which thus far has not been clearly provided.

2. The review process and criteria for content has not yet fully been
explained to the community, nor has the identity of all of the reviewers
been revealed.  I do not think that it is fair to have to submit your
posting to a unanimous comittee even while following the posted TOS to the
letter.

3. A few posting on Lugnet have already revealed that the process has been
left up to individual TASTE and OPINIONS of the reviewers.  Under the guise
of making Lugnet conent safe for Children, this opportunity has been taken
to edit content for completely non-related subjects as POSSSIBLE trademark
infringements, off-topic postings, and possibly even political content (in
the case of all of my folders being immediately approved with exception of
the "Jihad" folder).

Further, I dare to liken these recent events as a mirror to the current
post-911 fascism that is creeping up all around us. People are too willing
to give up freedoms in exchange for "protection" and quite frankly I am
disgusted that this community is following suit. I won't be a part of the
spineless, gutless flock, so I'm moving my images to my own site as soon as
time permits.  It was fun while it lasted, but now it's a farce and I want
nothing to do with it.

...Then they came for the AFOL's, but there was no one left to speak out for
me...

Dan

P.S. Maybe while so much work is being done to the Brickshelf site, an
"unregister" feature could be add.