 Publishing / 3622
Re: Brickmania withdraws from Brickshelf
Newsgroups:
lugnet.publish
Date:
Sat, 6 Jul 2002 19:06:50 GMT

In lugnet.publish, Daniel Siskind writes:
Due to the recent events on Brickshelf, I have decided to permanently
withdraw my Brickshelf gallery postings and I will be removing the links
from my web site.

I agree with you Dan.

This moderation was jumped into before ANYTHING was ready. The software, the
people and the rules... It was VERY badly done.

Yes, Kevin may own Brickshelf, as a landlord owns a building. But he doesn't
own the contents of the units.

IF this was handled properly they would have put "Report this graphic for
inappropriate content." buttons

Pressing it would flag it for review and remove it from the public eye. If
it's bad, it's deleted and the uploader punished. If it's ok, it's approved
and locked. (So the button can't be abused by someone trying to cause havoc)

That way EVERYONE is a moderator. Bad images could be removed by their first
appearance.

But no, we have to have all this total control junk with
religious/political/personal beliefs judging our content.

For those of you that have to use brickshelf because you don't have any
other web space...

If your image is killed, RE-UPLOAD it. Chances are you'll get someone more
tolerant and it will be approved. IF it takes 10 uploads then do it!

RIP
Brickshelf
Died July ~4th 2002
May it rest in peace

Funny that, for the USA people, brickshelf fell around the time of your
Freedom day...

TFM